Giba Gravity Enduro

linnega

Big thanx to all involved on Saturday! Was an awesome event. Wish I could do it all over again!! And special thanx to the ladies who provided all the tasty snacks at the and of the stages .. ;) think that's a must for the next event ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool day out on Saturday.  Anyone know where the results are being posted?

They should be out on Elitetiming.co.za soon.

We'll bring you a helmet which you can use for the day. Just come to the Lapierre Gazebo on Saturday morning and your helmet will be there.. You must ride its such a good/fun day out

Thanks again to Good2Go for sorting me out with a helmet for the day!! Was a great day out! Big thank's to the organisers as well!!

spoke to Shane from Elite timing now - he has been away and got back last night. So is busy with them now.

should be up soon on www.elitetiming.co.za

• 6 months later...

Hey guys.

We want to do the enduro event on 26 March at Giba. I have a 120mm travel bike and a buddy a Trek XC bike. Will the bikes be okay for the trails?

Hey guys.

We want to do the enduro event on 26 March at Giba. I have a 120mm travel bike and a buddy a Trek XC bike. Will the bikes be okay for the trails?

Yeah, i have done it on hardtail....i have even seen someone doing it on a solid fork bike

B4R - the event on the 26th is a provincial event so will be a bit more technical than the normal fun Giba Gravity Enduro event. 

That being said - there will not be anything on any of the stages that you cant ride on a hardtail or rigid with your seat up ....

There may be steeper sections that may be slightly more awkward with that set up, and there are a few jumps but in almost all of those cases there is a B-line around the obstacle. (There are ALWAYS B-lines around jumps).

So just bring your bikes and come have a joll. 

If you dont have a quick release seatpost clamp - pack an allen key to drop your seat a bit for the stages to make it a bit more comfy.

Any lekker self-catering accommodation in the area??? (30min-1hr radius) We are coming down from Pretoria.

There will likely be "glamping" (fancy camping) facilities available at Giba itself - they get Detour trails to put up fancy tents and stretchers etc. and there is a cafe there and eveything ...

So contact TJ or Jethro at Giba to ask about that facility.

In not there are probably some spots in Kloof or Hillcrest (15min away).

Archived