Dream Roadie Frame

Patchelicious

CANYON all the way!!!!

Just want to check since when don't Canyon ship to SA anymore?

I emailed them in April and they came back to me stating that they do ship to SA, although its not listed on their website.

But then again, with the exchange rate and all the other extra $$$$$ to get it here?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way it's done is that you go over to London with a cheap bike in a bike box (because 'you're going on a bike tour'). 

Then you leave that cheapo there and come back with the new one in your bike box. 

But you didn't hear it from me  :whistling:

Why not just travel there with an empty box? ☺

No duties on a frame but VAT is due... FOB value * Ex.Rate * 1.1 * 0.14 = VAT amount.

On that R52K frame, VAT is R8,008 - don't declare it and get caught = big trouble.

If it's a complete bike, different story. You can take the cheapy in a box and bring the complete bike back. Edit: spelling

Is one supposed to declare this cheapo when you leave?

Is one supposed to declare this cheapo when you leave?

Technically, yes.

If you don't have proof that you took a "bike/frame" out the country they could treat it as an import when you return.

I'm not sure if they need to physically see the bike, and they definitely would know the difference in value.

Through the last 15 years I have ridden almost every major brand. Are you looking for comfort, performance only ?

My experience is that superlight is most of the time super uncomfortable.

Currently on Dogma 65.1T2

Try to buy a 2nd hand 2015 frame of your choice and spend the rest on good wheels and gruppo. Wheels are very expensive nowadays, but make a huge difference on a bike.

Whatever you do, enjoy it

It is TIME for you okes to stop confusing Patches with all your suggestions!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I had VXR, VXRS Ulteam (great bike) and RXRS Ulteam. The latter was the harshest bike I ever rode. Worst handling and cornering abilities as well

Look is better :thumbup:

I know this will come out of left field, but why don't you take a look at the Ritchey road logic. I used to dream about the frames on your list. Went for the ritchey and don't spare a second glance for the plastic frames.

Just a thought. Will save you some serious cash and put the biggest smile on your face. No doubt.

I know this will come out of left field, but why don't you take a look at the Ritchey road logic. I used to dream about the frames on your list. Went for the ritchey and don't spare a second glance for the plastic frames.

Just a thought. Will save you some serious cash and put the biggest smile on your face. No doubt.

(Hopefully) I get my frame next week... but this isn't my thread

Italian. Handmade. Sexy. Exclusive. Available in SA.

Dedacciai RAN.

Thank me later.

PS: You can test drive mine if you wish (Disc though).

post-33782-0-10952100-1435513997_thumb.jpg

post-33782-0-36718200-1435514018_thumb.jpgpost-33782-0-61053100-1435514048_thumb.jpg

Archived