[Event] 20th Barberton XCM MTB Challenge 2016

Barberton XCM MTB

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

Remember the pre-entries close tonight at 11pm. Late entries and registration at Barberton High School on Friday from 3 - 9pm and Saturday from 5.30am

You require a Racetec chip to be timed. Please check your chip upon registration. 

New sing track added in Greenstone!!!

Safe travels and see you soon!!!!!

We are very excited!

Hi guys!

Remember the pre-entries close tonight at 11pm. Late entries and registration at Barberton High School on Friday from 3 - 9pm and Saturday from 5.30am

You require a Racetec chip to be timed. Please check your chip upon registration. 

New sing track added in Greenstone!!!

Safe travels and see you soon!!!!!

We are very excited!

Will there be T-shirts on sale at registration ? 

LANKKKK EXCITED!!! :w00t:  :clap:

So I entered the 77k but turns out my 'mates' have entered the Ultra.

How easy will it be to 'upgrade' on the day?

Doing the Half Marathon.....recovering from 70.3.  

Interested to see how the first loooooooonnnnnnngggggg climb goes :o

I have heard a lot about this Baberton race, it sounds like a real killer.. I'm in for the 48k. According to the profiles, the only real difference between the 48 and the other more serious routes is the distance.. Any comments? I'm not that fit yet, but am a little worried about Saturday's race especially after I noticed thete is a cutt-off time as well..

My advice is don't go out the start gate like a bat out of hell....the run through town normally gets everyone racing like demons in the first 5km.  Don't get caught up in all the testosterone, take it easy, get warm and save it for the climb.  Again get into your granny gear and spin your legs, its a long way.  Once you at the top (normally a water station), you have a reasonable bit to go on downhills where you can recover  before you hit the "Barberton Mountainland Reserve".  Keep some in the tank for here and the last drag into town because it's undulating and can catch you at the end.  Defo not the hardest race in MP...they leave that one for the 20th 21st of Feb in small town further north.  Enjoy it!!!!

Archived