[Event] 20th Barberton XCM MTB Challenge 2016

Barberton XCM MTB

Hi Guys,

I entered the 48km and booked two nights B&B accommodation for 2 adults and 2 kids (two rooms) at the Royal Sheba guest house in Barberton.

However, someone was kind enough to bring the most virulent strain of flu to the office, and I'm on the second of a five day antibiotics course, really not well, and undecided over doing this event.

If I can sell the 2 nights at Royal Sheba for R2,200 (I paid R2,600) I will give this one a miss.

Any takers?

Please feel free to verify this information direct with Chantelle at Royal Sheba, on 013-712-4564 or 083-458-0283 / www.royalsheba.co.za

Regards
Andre

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*bump*

Price dropped to R2,000 total for Friday and Saturday evening, bed and breakfast. 2 bedroom, 4 sleeper.

If anyone is interested, I am happy to ask the guest house to accept payment, for onward transmission to me.

Hi all

I have a Marathon entry as well as self-catering accommodation available for tonight (Friday night only).  The accommodation is a dubble bed & 2 single beds in a chalet at http://www.mantongomane.com/

This is 18km outside of Barberton.  Check out time is 15:00 Saturday afternoon.

Make me an offer for the accommodation and/or entry.

Cheers

Shew lots and lots of bikes in town today! With both the SA xcountry at Mankele and the Barberton race it's a bike feast of note!!!

Enjoy everyone

I'm not riding this weekend on a Swim boot camp training for 8 Miler in 2 weeks ????????

Wow, what an event! I did the 48k and I'm totalled. This was the hardest 48k I have ever done, but it was great! The wife complained that there was nothing for them (three kids included) to do, not even a jumping casle for the 7 year old. Well, I've done what I came here to do.. Thanks to the person who borrowed me a bolt to tighten the one clip on my shoe..

Wow, what an event! I did the 48k and I'm totalled. This was the hardest 48k I have ever done, but it was great! The wife complained that there was nothing for them (three kids included) to do, not even a jumping casle for the 7 year old. Well, I've done what I came here to do.. Thanks to the person who borrowed me a bolt to tighten the one clip on my shoe..

Had a great ride and got revenge on a disastrous last 30km in 2015

Very, very happy with my 06:30 on the Ultra. Bring on the Trans Drakensberg!

Happily forcing a couple of cold ones down my neck at the moment.

Did a 05:33. Was going for a Sub 05:20, but the last 8km my Blood-Sugar dropped to dangerously low levels, Had to slow down to 14-17km/ph, Ate alot of droee wors, and only went back to Normal with 2km Left. Pushed hard, but lost to much time. Good training ride for 36one.

Awesome race as always, and beers was very yummy. Just to bloody expensive. :thumbdown:

Will def do it again next year.

Archived