Cycle Lab - Fourways

ScottCM

I remember reading a lot of negative remarks about cycle lab before the change of management and then after remarks of "New management , same old bad service" were flying around.

SO i thought i would tell of my experience with the store. At the end of last year i bought a road bike from them. From the first time I used the bike my large chainring seemed bent as my chain would catch my FD each revolution but i was only able to confirm this on the trainer as while on the road i wasn't able to take my eyes off the road long enough while pedalling to verify this.

In April I took my bike for a service at my LBS and they put it on the stand and showed me that the chainring indeed was bent. I thought there was nothing that could be done as it has been such a long time but thought nothing ventured nothing gained. So i subsequently phoned Cycle Lab and the original sales rep had left so i was put in contact with Gary De Beer.

He advised me to bring in my bike to which i did. They made the claim for me and replaced not only the chainring but the entire crank. I had an entry level Sram crank which was replaced with a Carbon Force Crank.

It has been a long time since i have had such great service and would just like to thank them.

Edited by ScottC-M

I feel like this is only half of the story...what does Cyclelab have to say?

Yes was incomplete, sorry, pushed the "Tab" button on the keyboard and it posted the article midstory

Had they only replaced the chainring would you still have posted this? 

Or did you only post because you got a better crank?

Had they only replaced the chainring would you still have posted this? 

Or did you only post because you got a better crank?

In all honesty I'm not even posting it because of the replacement, because that was most likely a decision made by the Sram supplier and not the store directly. The reason for the post is because of the great customer service i received.

I am once again in contact with them about another issue and once again the level of service is superb, even though i highly doubt we will be able to come to my desired out come i can not fault them on their willingness to try and help their customer out.

If they were closer to my home they would be my LBS for sure.

In all honesty I'm not even posting it because of the replacement, because that was most likely a decision made by the Sram supplier and not the store directly. The reason for the post is because of the great customer service i received.

I am once again in contact with them about another issue and once again the level of service is superb, even though i highly doubt we will be able to come to my desired out come i can not fault them on their willingness to try and help their customer out.

If they were closer to my home they would be my LBS for sure.

Cool. Didn't mean to sound like a dick. Just asking.

I feel like this is only half of the story...what does Cyclelab have to say?

why does this have to be half the story?

why is it that if the news is good from a client perspective, regardless of who was responsible for the exchange( be it the shop or the supplier) the shops reputation is being questioned by you?

surely the fact that the client won and had a good experience is all that counts here, nobody is trying to defend or question why they exchanged and made right but purely the fact that they did.  

i ask you why you feel the need to question the integrity of not only the shop but also the OP. do you feel its your responsibility to bring peoples integrity and reputation into question? if so perhaps a look in the mirror and questions of your own character are the order of the day!

why is it that if the news is good from a client perspective, regardless of who was responsible for the exchange( be it the shop or the supplier) the shops reputation is being questioned by you?

surely the fact that the client won and had a good experience is all that counts here, nobody is trying to defend or question why they exchanged and made right but purely the fact that they did.  

i ask you why you feel the need to question the integrity of not only the shop but also the OP. do you feel its your responsibility to bring peoples integrity and reputation into question? if so perhaps a look in the mirror and questions of your own character are the order of the day!

Read the part where OP explains the post was made before he completed the typing.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/152301-cycle-lab-fourways/?do=findComment&comment=2667671

Edited by Maxxis

• 1 month later...

I placed my order online yesterday (26-08-2015) made the payment and to my SHOCK the order was delivered this morning (27-08-2015) I never expected such a quick delivery  it is very seldom that one gets service like this Well done Cycle Lab Fourways keep the excellent service up

Was at the sale earlier this week. Cycling has never seen anything like it. Got some excellent deals.

The new owners are clearly changing the Cyclelab beast.

When you see it.....