What 29er Wheelset?

TrailWarrior

Just got the wide lightnings. I came from arch ex. Really a massive difference. And also saved 200g on the complete wheelset if that is your thing. :) really affordable wheelset.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have built up a number of the 29" Pyga carbon marathon 30mm wide wheelsets now. Usually onto Hope or Chris King hubs. Very impressed with the strength and rigidity of these babies. Clients have given us great feedback.

The only thing I will replace my AC WL with are 30mm Nextie carbon rims laced onto the AC hubs. Will not be lighter but robuster. However after 4000km and some rough treatment that left the rider in need of repair the wheels are going strong. Excellent wheels. (I'm 80kg, wheels on a Rocky Element with 120mm fork).

Edited by SCD

What difference did the wheel set made to your riding? Faster downhill / Easier on the climbs ect. ???

Less slide out in the front in the turns and better grip over loose/soft terrain at the back (wider rims). The tension in the spokes have held for more than a year.

My hubs are very smooth and roll forever, which I am sure translates to less resistance on the trail.

I don't know whether the weight saving from my Rovals actually made me faster, but it sure feels like I am going faster on the ACs.