Spez Roubaix Demo vs New Merida Reacto Reacto 5000

Apemanscolony

Howdy Hubbers,

In the Marker for a new Road bike, and cant choose on what to do. So any help/info would be appreciated.

Looking at the following :

1. Specialized Roubaux 2015 - Full Ultegra etc. Standard R35k - Demo

2. Merida Reacto 5000 2015 - Full Ultegra etc. R25k - New

I am riding a 2000 Giant TCR, 9speed. Do i upgrade the bike with wheels and new groupset, or do i rather go for above?

Help please

Roubaix, so comfortable. But 35k is too much for a demo. Here in Cape Town we have 30 to 35 percent off new Spez bikes before the 2016 models launch. Should be able to get a new one for under R35k. Phone a few shops.

I might be biased, but the Reacto is one sexy bike.  Great spec's and awesome price.  No better value out there on a new bike.

Howdy Hubbers,

In the Marker for a new Road bike, and cant choose on what to do. So any help/info would be appreciated.

Looking at the following :

1. Specialized Roubaux 2015 - Full Ultegra etc. Standard R35k - Demo

2. Merida Reacto 5000 2015 - Full Ultegra etc. R25k - New

I am riding a 2000 Giant TCR, 9speed. Do i upgrade the bike with wheels and new groupset, or do i rather go for above?

Help please

Shop around and bargain HARD - 2016 models are on their way and 2015 stock must clear!

Which one do you like more?

Spez are nice bikes. I had the Venge but now I have a Propel and love it as well. I like the compact rear stays more.

Upgrade the hole bike.

If you take the Merida you can use the extra cash for a wheel upgrade. If you like the Merida more.

Edited by Zatek

That Merida is one stunning bike! Almost bought myself one earlier this year, still bleak that I didn't. Spec wise you won't easily find a better deal. Good luck!

They are 2 completely different bikes with different purposes. The Roubais is designed to be comfortable. It absorbs bumps and gives you an upright riding position.

The Reacto is an aero bike. It makes you sit in a more forward facing position and is as stiff as hell and will give a more bumpy ride.

Before you choose, you must decide what type of riding you want.

They are 2 completely different bikes with different purposes. The Roubais is designed to be comfortable. It absorbs bumps and gives you an upright riding position.

The Reacto is an aero bike. It makes you sit in a more forward facing position and is as stiff as hell and will give a more bumpy ride.

Before you choose, you must decide what type of riding you want.

Oh yeah, the looks of the bike made me forget about this. This is the important bit.

Hi

they are 2 completely different bikes..

Roubaix race comfort while the Reacto race aero..

personally I will always go for a more aggressive responsive bike and the sexiness of the aero Reacto will be my choice. 

good luck and post pics on your choice.

Thanx guys for mentions. 

I loved the Roubaix, but now looking at the Diverge...Cheaper, wider wheels(since the peloton is going 25-28 tyres) and its a all in one...

I'm a biggish oke and think the "Aero" of the Reacto maybe a problem then.