The future of road bikes in SA

hweich

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice bike. Been thinking of selling up the road bike for something similar. The roads in my neck of the woods are great for bikes with the give of an ironing board... Enjoy

Very, very nice.

Can I be bold enough to ask how much????

If it's too rude, ignore me!

Very, very nice.

Next you will be asking his wife's weight ;)

Next you will be asking his wife's weight ;)

Don't worry, both will be lied downwards by about 15%

Very nice bike. Not 100% sure on this, but is it allowable to ride a disc brake bike in road races / fun rides? On pro level it is not allowed currently.

Was thinking of building a road bike with disc brakes for myself for quit a while now, but worried some jealous oak at our local fun ride (or even the CTCT...) go and complain at the commisaire.

After all, rules are rules. If the guy with the tribars ( disc wheel or wheel with less than 12 spokes (Spinergy),etc. are banned..same applied for disc brakes.

And yes! Of course! I am jealous like hell....lol

(Would really like to hear some views on this issue. On the CTCT more than half of the riders doing it with disc brakes, BUT it is mtb's...)

Very nice bike. Not 100% sure on this, but is it allowable to ride a disc brake bike in road races / fun rides? On pro level it is not allowed currently.Was thinking of building a road bike with disc brakes for myself for quit a while now, but worried some jealous oak at our local fun ride (or even the CTCT...) go and complain at the commisaire.After all, rules are rules. If the guy with the tribars ( disc wheel or wheel with less than 12 spokes (Spinergy),etc. are banned..same applied for disc brakes.And yes! Of course! I am jealous like hell....lol(Would really like to hear some views on this issue. On the CTCT more than half of the riders doing it with disc brakes, BUT it is mtb's...)

Guys do the fun rides on knobblies, with discs...

Awesome looking bike.

Spez sells the Trigger Pro 38c locally. UST beads with a file tread. Might be an option for commuting with a bit of offroad/gravel if you have the clearance in your frame.

One question, don't you have trouble getting a normal bicycle pump to lock onto the valves?

Good to know there are local alternatives....even if it is Specialized ['Generalized' would be more appropriate name IMHO] 

i am planning to experiment a bit and have ordered 3 tyres from abroad and will post once i have tried them:

1. challenge gravel grinder 38mm - file thread
  2. Continental cyclocross speed [35mm] - file thread
  3. WTB CrossBoss 35mm - actually as a better rolling front tyre as i'll put the file tread higher vulome tyres at the back

finally- standard valves so i have no problem inflating them

Very, very nice.

Could not get the local Colnago agents to even answer the phone so i ordered everytheing except for wheels from abroad. that was R58k

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/05/didnt-read.gif

Just checked out the pics.

Beautiful bike! Love the wheels.

For a true commuter it is still lacking a few things: mudguards for the wet roads, guard for the drivetrain to prevent any gunk being flung onto your clothes and a carrier at the back. 

Good to know there are local alternatives....even if it is Specialized ['Generalized' would be more appropriate name IMHO] 

i am planning to experiment a bit and have ordered 3 tyres from abroad and will post once i have tried them:

1. challenge gravel grinder 38mm - file thread
  2. Continental cyclocross speed [35mm] - file thread
  3. WTB CrossBoss 35mm - actually as a better rolling front tyre as i'll put the file tread higher vulome tyres at the back

finally- standard valves so i have no problem inflating them

Also have a look at Schwalbe Sammy Slick http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/schwalbe-sammy-slick-cyclocross-tyre/rp-prod48565

IMNSHO, a better bet that the Conti...

Archived