which is the best place to get my bike serviced

maya1984

HI all

I want to get my crankset changed and a bike service, i live in Bedfordview but dont mind traveling to get great service at a decent price, any suggestions would be great

Using Ridgeway Cycles at Greenstone for all my bike needs now.

Rory and his team do a brilliant job.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Not Cycle Lab!! Endless frustration with them, my bike has been back there 3 times with the same problem and the problem is still not fixed AND the new bb they fitted lasted less than 300km before giving issues!

Strange that Tony Impey didn't feature anywhere in this post...

Impey's services aren't bad. Stopped sending my bike there when they kept forgetting to check stuff I had asked them to look at during the service.

Mikes Bikes in Greenside. Personalized attention. Let u know what is wrong. 6 yrs of service excellence now. If a problem, they take it back & sort it out/or get it sorted with the manufacturer

Mikes Bikes in Greenside. Personalized attention. Let u know what is wrong. 6 yrs of service excellence now. If a problem, they take it back & sort it out/or get it sorted with the manufacturer

+1

No other shop gets to touch my bike...

Also just remember, when it comes to bike servicing, you get what you pay for...Unless of course it's you doing it.

my experience is that you need to make 100% sure that the person who's working on your bike knows 100% what is expected and what the issues are. If you're playing broken telephone with booking, then expect poor results.

I'd go as far as going on a bike ride with the mechanic so they can witness what's up with my steed.

1. hi maya I would definitely recommend you go to mega cycles(mega mica)don't be scared I know its a hardware shop but they do bike services if you do go speak to a guy by the name of MIKE the mechanic I gurantee he is one of if not the best mechanic around I strongly recommend him

Mike the Mechanic? Is he the guy always looking back, over his shoulder?

Impey's services aren't bad. Stopped sending my bike there when they kept forgetting to check stuff I had asked them to look at during the service.

Also stopped taking the bikes to them, started realizing I was being charged premium rates for shocking services.

I found the best place to get my bike serviced is in my own garage...

At least this way I know what to expect when I am on bike going for a ride.

Archived