[Event] Magoebaskloof MTB Classic

Steve101

Event Name: Magoebaskloof MTB Classic
When: 14 November 2015
Where: Stanford Lake College, Limpopo
Category: MTB

Now in its 16th year, the Magoebaskloof MTB Classic is a must do for all serious mountain bikers and social riders alike. With some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, this race has earned its reputation as one of the toughest and most beautiful rides out there.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done this race for the past 3 years...really awesome! My favorite MTB race of the year.
But what is the reason that the date changed again? And now it is the same weekend as the 94.7?
This was always a very nice race to do the week before or even 2 weeks before the 94.7, (last year it was held on the 8th of Nov, 2 years ago it was on the 2nd of Nov). A very good prep.
Unfortunately I will be missing this year's race as I already committed to the 94.7 with mates.
Hopefully the date change again next year so I can attend in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

"They have moved their date this year and not the other way around"

I struggle to see how the 94.7 changed the date if it was the 16th of November in 2014 and this year it's the 15th of November (same weekend in November - 1 day apart).

The Magoebaskloof MTB Classic were the 2nd of November in 2013, changed to the 8th of November in 2014 and this year its on the 14th of November.

Don't get me wrong, I am gutted that I am going to miss the Magoebaskloof MTB Classic this year, and I know of a few other riders who are also gutted that its on the same weekend, therefore it could have been more Revenue for SLC.

On another note...The Magoebaskloof MTB Classic is a great race and everyone not committed to something on that weekend should definitely enter. 

Very well organised and always a fun outing.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, myself and a buddy. What bike are you on?

Enjoy and all the best.........still jealous of you okes. Have a jol.

I'm in. Welcome rain expected

What distance?

Hubbers so far:

40km

Nickc

Ettienne

CyberSakkie

Archived