[Event] Bestmed Paarl MTB Classic

ASG

Event Name: Bestmed Paarl MTB Classic
When: 22 November 2015
Where: Paarl, Western Cape
Category: MTB

BESTMED PAARL MTB CLASSIC - ENTRIES OPEN

ARE YOUR READY TO CONQUER THE PAARL MOUNTAIN?

After the inaugural edition of Paarl's signature Mountain-Bike Classic, many riders said the event is likely to rival the traditional stronghold mass participation MTB events in the Western Cape as far as participant numbers are concerned, but we have decided to limit the event to 1500 riders for this year to try and guarantee a solid measure of route experience to all participants without sacrificing their quality of ride.

ENTRIES FOR THE EVENT ARE NOW OPEN ON WWW.ASGEVENTS.CO.ZA

THE PAARL MTB CLASSIC STILL STARTS AND FINISHES ADJACENT TO THE FAMOUS PAARL ARBORETUM, BUT MOVES TO THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ARBORETUM AT THE PAARL SPORTS GROUNDS - RIDERS ACCESS THE SPORTS GROUNDS FROM MARKET STREET.

The Bestmed Paarl MTB Classic is the final event in the 2015 Bestmed National MTB Series. For information on the series visit www.asgevents.co.za

We are pleased to announce that we’re increasing the entry value package for next year’s event with the help of our sister company ASG Sport Solutions.

It brings with it a slight increase in the entry fee but it also brings with it a stack of value which we believe will be well received.

The entry fee will be R350 for the 60km ride and R280 for the 30km ride.

For this each rider receives product and goodies valued at well over R600:

1 x Rudy Project designer T-shirt, designed and manufactured in Italy, valued at R220

1 x High 5 Ultra Light-Weight Racing Bottle

1 High 5 Tube of X-treme Zero Tabs: ZERO is the UK's leading electrolyte sports drink tab. It produces a clean-tasting and highly refreshing drink with zero calories. The tabs contain light natural flavours with no artificial colours or preservatives. ZERO contains Vitamin C and 5 electrolytes, including sodium, magnesium and potassium.

1 x High 5 Sachet of Advanced Energy Source Fructose Sports Drink. EnergySource is a new generation sports drink. It contains a carbohydrate formulation of maltodextrin and fructose in a ratio of 2:1 and key electrolytes. Many of the world's leading event organisers and Pro athletes choose award-winning EnergySource for success in the toughest endurance events.

2 x Sachets of High 5 Energygel. EnergyGel is smooth with a light consistency and a dash of real juice for a great taste. It's not thick or overly sweet. Easy to open and swallow, each sachet contains 23g of carbohydrate. EnergyGel is award-winning and proven in many of the World's toughest competitions.

1x Personalised Number Board

1 x 15% discount voucher on any Rudy Project product at Rudy Project dealers.

Riders have to print out their confirmation of entry and show it to their dealer to qualify for the discount. To view a list of dealers visit www.rudyproject.co.za

To find out more about these products visit www.high5online.co.za and www.asgsport.co.za

Besides the various race pack items, there will again be a free pasta meal (all of them pre-defrosted this time round), a smoothie and the customary free CBC lager as well as a “I conquered Paarl Mountain” medal at the finish line.

We look forward to welcoming all our 2015 participants back to our annual MTB pilgrimage, offering riders the opportunity of conquering Paarl Mountain!

We have taken all comments to heart regarding route and venue feedback and the experience will be even better this year – we received a 9 out of 10 rating in the post event survey, which we’re not quite happy with yet :-).

Some changes for the 2015 edition will include de-touring the Taal Monument, instead of bringing the race halfway back up the mountain again to go right by the Monument.

This will take out around 200 metres of climbing from last year's two routes and will provide a smooth run for both distances, which won’t clash on any single track before/after the Taal Monument.

We will still pass by this iconic landmark in Paarl, but it will be from about 400 metres away.

The route change - fortunately for the many thirsty travellers we had this year - won’t influence the presence of the CBC waterpoint at Spice Route, which will be even bigger this year (we learnt from last year's race and will have busses present at the CBC waterpoint for riders who don't fancy the trip home after a few too many cold ones).

A few further changes to next year’s event will include some more single track sections down the Paarl Mountain after riders pass along the side of the Taal Monument, and Hans Degenaar and his team are hard at work with lots more single track at Rhebokskloof and surrounds.

The event will always stay true to its nature as very tough challenge, inviting riders from all over the country to come and conquer the Paarl Mountain.

Riders will find their results on www.great-time.co.za and individual rider pics will be loaded onto www.actionphoto.net.

Riders can view a gallery and videos on the event on our official facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paarl-MTB-Classic/474292089377170

A big thanks to all our sponsors and partners for enabling us to present a special day:

Bestmed

The City of Drakenstein

Rhebokskloof Wine Estate

NTT Volkswagen Paarl

Rhodes Foods CBC (Cape Brewing Company)

Paarl MTB Club

Paarl Rotary Club

Paarl Metro Police

Morelig farm marshals

Le Bac farm marshals

Spice Route

Fairview Cheese and Wine Estate

Diamant Estate

AC Rotweiler Security

Paarl Arboretum

Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve

Taal Monument

Great Time

Alphabet Sports

Full Stop Communications

For further information email eventsupport@asgworld.co.za or phone 076 621 1807.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It brings with it a slight increase in the entry fee but it also brings with it a stack of value which we believe will be well received.

The entry fee will be R350 for the 60km ride and R280 for the 30km ride.

For this each rider receives product and goodies valued at well over R600: 

I love how a increase from R180 to R350 (94%) is only "slight" in marketing speak  ^_^

But fair enough, entrants get extra stuff

For those interested in the amount of climbing in each race:

The 60km is just on 2000 metres and the 30km around 1200 meters :)

ASG

so ASG is claiming 2000m of climbing and some of the guys says it shud b less than 1500m!!! I wonder who is getting this right?

so ASG is claiming 2000m of climbing and some of the guys says it shud b less than 1500m!!! I wonder who is getting this right?

I think "some of the guys" are right, remember, anything ASG is always 25% too much  :ph34r: