Nissan Trailseeker #4 Hakahana

corriekuilder

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Gods of MTB,

A prayer for those of us doing this event over the weekend....

Please let people realise this is a trailSEEKER mtb event, NOT a trailHIKER event!

Say no to walking! And take a good triple dose of concrete pills to HTFU!

And just in case you lost your pills, get off the trail so those who are capable can ride it!

Amen!

Cant wait for this event, it's my first time at Hakahana, and from the horror stories I have heard, looks like it will be an awesome one! Just hope it wont be another really expensive walk along the single track  :ph34r:

looks like the stretch in the quary is gone, as well as the trip out to gerotek, but it seems like they have extended the trip out to the R514

Profiles says shorter than it is actually.

You should all get:

61km
31km
etc.

Hakahana is considered the toughest in the series.
We needed to make the finishing times more inline and well this will be alot more enjoyable.

The fact that it's shorter brings it inline with the finishing times in the rest of the series.

We couldn't just cut 5km out or something, unfortunately.

The marathon now has a very nice flow to the finish. The half has less climbing and much less technical which had to be done to accommodate the level of riders who participate.

Wessel from the map it looks like you have included the rinkaals black B loop. I did that loop 3 weeks ago and I can't imagine the average weekend warrior handling it too well. Not sure if the map is correct - if it is then prepare to kuk off thats a really tough loop.

I have an entry for the Marathon, if anyone wants it.

Make me an offer I cannot refuse...hahahaha

Seriously, if you can spin a good enough story, it's your FOR FREE

I simply don't want an entry to go to waste

Seeding is out

Full marathon.

1 River Rat

2 plus Red

3 David

4 Grant (it's going to hurt!!)

Half-marathon

1. Corriekuilder-B batch

2. Fr0st

3. Bertus

where/when do we collect race packs?

BRAND NEW REGISTRATION TIMES:

Registration will take place at all the usual venues simultaneously on Friday 2 October or at the venue on Saturday morning 
  • Cyclelab Fourways - Fourways, Johannesburg - Fri 2 October from 10am to 4pm
  • Torq Zone Cycles - Doringkloof, Centurion - Fri 2 October from 10am to 4pm
  • Lynnwood Cyclery - Pretoria - Fri 2 October from 10am to 4pm
  • Hakahana - Sat 3 October from 6:00am to 10am 

There will be no registration on the Wednesday & Thursday.

I see no ladies-A for the 32km, is this a new thing?

Nope not a new thing, there simply weren't ladies strong enough to warrant a separate batch. it would of only caused a bottle neck for batch B. If we ket them in there they had index's of 70. and batch B has indexes of 40.  We do things always to assist and help it's not a rule but just won't be of any use for this event with these entries.

Seeding's out, moan's out.

I'd be very reluctant to judge a rider's capabilities purely by their SASeeding.

You have to do many of the right races if you want to improve your seeding. If you ever only race AND WIN little plattelandse kermis marathon races your index will be 40 at best.

So the Poffadder champ gets to start in E batch.

My, I'm glad I'm just riding this as a training ride. It's going to be fantastic training for patience and frustration management.

Now with that out of the way. Bring on Saturday and  some awesome MTB trails!

Seeding's out, moan's out.

I'd be very reluctant to judge a rider's capabilities purely by their SASeeding.

You have to do many of the right races if you want to improve your seeding. If you ever only race AND WIN little plattelandse kermis marathon races your index will be 40 at best.

So the Poffadder champ gets to start in E batch.

My, I'm glad I'm just riding this as a training ride. It's going to be fantastic training for patience and frustration management.

Now with that out of the way. Bring on Saturday and  some awesome MTB trails!

and judging by the seeding, there are a lot more people doing this race. My index is far better than the last race but my batch is further back(worse) than the last race. So here is I go reciting my prayer for the weekend...

Archived