Origin of Trails 2015

Trail Ninja

Yeah, someday, maybe, I will go to Jonkers. Still not bored with the rest of the trails just yet.  :devil:

Considering everything you get with your entry it does sound very good. I for some reason think the more you pay the further you should go, like R1250 for TransKaroo or something like that. Then again, you do get 140km in total so that is another way of thinking about it.

Just go to Jonkers once! Then you will understand (and be bored with other local trails). Jonkers is a magnificent place to ride not only in Stellenbosch, not only in the Western Cape, not only in SA, but worldwide, its word class great.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rouxenator you are a Stellenbosch local mtb rider for many years and have not been to Jonkers once! Not acceptable behaviour you make the mtb Gods sad!

In my opinion they can keep the T-Shirts (poor quality) and many of the other items in the goodie bag and rather drop the entry fee a bit. Saying that, it is still a bargain compared to the ridiculous fees one pays for races like W2W.

R1 050 gets you two days of riding awesome trails, two t shirts, cap, pack of pronutro.

Also lunch everyday and a massage everyday and also free beer and pizza at the after party.

Compare this to maybe, MTB Adventures Houw Hoek or Greyton Tour.

You pay R900 and get nothing. Just two days of good riding and its not even timed (social event). It also includes lots of trails that are riden by locals etc.

Therefore, doing the comparison on just that, best value for money 2 day race out there and will be back in 2016 for my third one

Who? Me? Go read my post again. I was not complaining. 

Oh, and I do run as well and running events are no different.

cant believe you complaining about the price of this race  :blink:

Go run rather!!! 

Archived