Out Front Mount compatible with Bryton Rider 40

Rick Sanchez

Hi Guys

Anyone know where I can find a mount for my Bryton Rider 40?

Something similar to the attached pic.

Similarly, maybe you know of a different brand mount that would be compatible with the Bryton unit, like a Garmin mount, etc.

http://www.bikebug.com/images/Garmin%20Mount.jpg

Dude Bryton do an out front mount themselves. It's actually a fantastic unit and it's well made! Made from Ali, in a nice scratch resistant finish and the "out" length is also adjustable. Nice and light too!

Contact ballistic bike trading and see who's got stock in your area. I paid 600 for mine.

Will work for sure with your 40, although a snag with any out front mount is the buttons being at the bottom of the unit, you need to space between the unit and the step cap. Little bit of a tricky sitch there but the Bryton mount will e best due the to length adjustability.

Just get the bar fly, my bryton 40 fit in the garmin bar fly with a little sandpaper to the out front mount. 

Just get the bar fly, my bryton 40 fit in the garmin bar fly with a little sandpaper to the out front mount. 

My bryton fits in the Garmin out front mounts. Actually fits slightly more snug and gets a nice secure fit

Thanks! :thumbup:

Dude Bryton do an out front mount themselves. It's actually a fantastic unit and it's well made! Made from Ali, in a nice scratch resistant finish and the "out" length is also adjustable. Nice and light too!

Contact ballistic bike trading and see who's got stock in your area. I paid 600 for mine.

Will work for sure with your 40, although a snag with any out front mount is the buttons being at the bottom of the unit, you need to space between the unit and the step cap. Little bit of a tricky sitch there but the Bryton mount will e best due the to length adjustability.

The Bryton mount would obviously be ideal, but I was looking for a cheaper alternative  ^_^

The Bryton mount would obviously be ideal, but I was looking for a cheaper alternative ^_^

Not that many options. I thought the 40 was a std 1/4 turn so you coul just use the Garmin based ones. The 50 I have is the killer to try to get...

Maybe find a guy with a 3d printer? Just had an alu custom mount made for my power meter head unit by Kevin at BMC in Cape Town. Great work, great service but wasn't much off the R600 you pay for your Bryton original.

Edited by hellocolour

Not that many options. I thought the 40 was a std 1/4 turn so you cold us more Garmin based ones. The 50 I have is the killer to try to get...

Maybe find a guy with a 3d printer? Just had an alu custom mount made for my power meter head unit by Kevin at BMC in Cape Town. Great work, great service but wasn't much off the R600 you pay for your Bryton original. 

The Garmin mount will probably work, just wanted to make sure of it before buying anything

Be careful with the garmin/barfly mount.

They appear to be the same but are not.

The holding tabs for the Bryton are slightly off centre, so you "squish" it into place, not actually a "click" into place. The barfly and garmin gps side mounts also have an indent on the edge of the gps mounting "ears", and the out fronts have a set of corresponding bumps to hold. These bumps will damage your Bryton.

I know this from experience. Tried the barfly, tried alero, and the only one that worked well was the Bryton mount. I am a bit of a perfectionists when it comes to my bike though so maybe those won't be a big enough deal?