Silverback Sesta wins German design award

News bot

I've got the Silverback Sprada 1 and the current Sprada 1 is also R10k more...

Would love one of these bikes but these racing machine are just becoming ridiculously expensive... 

In the mean time i'll just drool over this one  :drool:

Nice phantom bike if only it was released more than a year ago like Sb said it would. The pro is now already 15k more expensive than 1 year ago when it did not exist either.

I would love it if Silverback SA could explain the situation - There seemed to be a lot of interest in this bike when it was (correction - wasn't) released a year ago! I for one was keen to check it out before buying a new bike - Gave up in the end and bought something else!

I would love it if Silverback SA could explain the situation - There seemed to be a lot of interest in this bike when it was (correction - wasn't) released a year ago! I for one was keen to check it out before buying a new bike - Gave up in the end and bought something else!

I think they developed only 1 bike to try win all these awards and they succeeded in doing this. I am sure that this is the best bike that can not be bought.

I have heard that the Sesta is available in SA now but I would like to see 1 first since this is a ghost bike.

Was in the same boat, bought a Vipa.

Mentioned before, so I am trolling a bit.

My opinion are the bike was not ready for the market, reason being the guys riding epic had an aluminium rear triangle.

If you compare last year phantom bike with this one, their is a new carbon strut on the drive side of the triangle.

On Pinkbike when the Stage got a lot of attention for the brake jack, there were a comparison to a Sesta and brake jack comparisons.

All being said, Silverback sent me one to test!!!

Was in the same boat, bought a Vipa.

Mentioned before, so I am trolling a bit.

My opinion are the bike was not ready for the market, reason being the guys riding epic had an aluminium rear triangle.

If you compare last year phantom bike with this one, their is a new carbon strut on the drive side of the triangle.

On Pinkbike when the Stage got a lot of attention for the brake jack, there were a comparison to a Sesta and brake jack comparisons.

All being said, Silverback sent me one to test!!!

I will swallow my pride and they can gladly send me one to test aswell...  :whistling:

The bike will be available early Dec. 

For real this time? Thats exactly what they said a year ago.

For real this time? Thats exactly what they said a year ago.

I can give you a definite yes or no next year this time!  :D

Seriously though, that's the news straight from Silverback HQ. Will fill you guys in on the details as soon as we know more.

Got SB Team yesterday, apparently the first in RSA :)

Some facts:

Buildup weight straight out of the box(no pedals and cages with tubes) = 10.24kg

Final buildup weight with tubeless(Rocket Ron & Racing Ralph) Shimano 520 pedals(waiting for XT pedals that is 40gr lighter) and carbon bottle cage = 10.9 kg

After 2 rides sofar....an Amazing bike, all I can say...lighter than my carbon hardtail :)....which I have sold now :)

Edited by Naas Vermaak

so it's an innovation award...  cool looking bike, but I wonder what gave it the edge in terms of innovation?  materials / geometry, does anybody know?

Got SB Team yesterday, apparently the first in RSA :)

Some facts:

Buildup weight straight out of the box(no pedals and cages with tubes) = 10.24kg

Final buildup weight with tubeless(Rocket Ron & Racing Ralph) Shimano 520 pedals(waiting for XT pedals that is 40gr lighter) and carbon bottle cage = 10.9 kg

After 2 rides sofar....an Amazing bike, all I can say...lighter than my carbon hardtail :)....which I have sold now :)

Pichas .. or it didn't happen  :ph34r:

Normal Retail = around R70k and I sell them. If you're interested plse PM me and we can discuss extra's and final price - will be happy to negotiate