BB30 to Std 24mm adaptors. Anyone used?

T-Bob

Has anyone use a set of the adaptors you can get that will allow you to run your standard Shimano / FSA / whatever 24mm cranks in a BB30 frame (most specifically a Cannondale). Just wondering if there is much flex or any issues. 

I know Rotor and KCNC do a full sleeve and Wheels / FSA do end cups. 

http://www.fullspeedahead.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/P357-1-EE085.jpg

Used a Wheels Manufacturing adaptor on my Turner - no issues.

Thanks for that, did you buy locally or OS? 

Wheels Manufacturing is a US brand brought in by Omnico.  Any bike shop should be able to help.

Their bearings are very good!

I had some reduction spacers in my old System6.  No issues.

Wheels Manufacturing version has a thread that screws into the other side making sure the two bearings line up perfectly and is removeable. SRAM version is much cheaper but is a permanent conversion to your frame turning BB30 into BSA and adding a bit of weight.

Don't go for a version that doesn't attach to both sides, a simple reducer in the frame such as shownby OP will work loose on a MTB and will creak sooner than later.

Don't go for a version that doesn't attach to both sides, a simple reducer in the frame such as shownby OP will work loose on a MTB and will creak sooner than later.

There are a fair few version out there for sure. To be honest I think I'll head the wheels M' route or the Rotor version and give it ago. Hopefully the LBS will have something so I can get it sorted out this weekend rather then have to order from OS. 

The Wheels M' version gets a great write up from Bike Radar and others. 

@Vinny: Thanks for the offer, I'll probably go new to be honest just so I'm certain about them. 

Edited by hellocolour

Hopefully the LBS will have something so I can get it sorted out this weekend rather then have to order from OS. 

I've got the SRAM version in stock if you get stuck.

I've had the Wheels Manufacturing adapters on my CAAD10 for the last 2 years, done thousands of k's with no issues at all.