No GPS allowed?

jecg97

This is a dumb rule. It is ok in life to ignore dumb rules. Your gps tracks belong to you, give people a bit of credit (after taking their money). Owning a gps track does not give you right to go and trespass. Just like I can say, the Grandstand Management offices are at 22 pepper street cape town, now that you all have the location, are you going to break in and do whatever you want?.

Do they seriously go and scrawl through people's strava accounts and play headmaster with them? Wouldn't that time be better spent looking for new routes instead of recycling the old ones?

Just to illustrate how fundamentally DUMB this rule is. please feel free to go and download the 2015 route kmz. it is free and openly accessible on the internet (I'm happy to show the actual website that is hosting these toxic files that could get you a shock shock horror life ban).

let's start with stage 1:

www.cape-epic.com/livetracking/kmz/ACE2015_S1.kmz

use a bit of common sense to get the rest. you can also check out the 2014 route

www.cape-epic.com/livetracking/kmz/ACE2014_S1.kmz

ps. just in case you're reading, howzit Kev, good luck for 2016 training - just please don't take a GPS with you.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have a problem with setting my rides as private. Doing the Epic will be a lifetime event for me and the way the rule reads out I was afraid I couldn't even record the rides. They will be for me to enjoy and remember after the event. Thanks

Archived