Please help appraise my ride

Julian Howard-Tripp

I have a hard-tail and have already decided I I will keep it if I get a dual suss. For endurance training and base building the hard tail is great on farm roads etc and I believe the maintenance is cheaper than on the dual suss?

So I keep both rides and and use them as appropriate? I am a novice so maybe it will not pan out that way, heck what do I know....... :ph34r:

One thing is for sure.....will not sell my baby to help finance another bike.....will then rather wait a bit and save more till I can make the appropriate purchase.

Good luck with your decision..........

Shhhhh! Don't let my wife find out about that one.

But seriously, was hoping to get at least a little more out of it.

You will get what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Advertise it for what you want and see what offers you get[emoji106]

R16k.... that makes me very sad  :(

My next purchase was going to be XT cassette, chain and crank

CONGRATULATIONS - your Xmas present only cost R16k !

Thanks for the input

I am planning to get a Gaint Trance Advance 1, so yea trail bike. Most of the races / events I do are quite rough so would probably end up riding the trail bike like nine times out of ten. Even on our local regular rides we actively seek out the fun stuff

Selling the hard tail would help with financing the full sus but I don't want to sell it for peanuts either. Plus It's kind of my baby and would hurt to see it go.

Doing a rough what I paid less 50% calc comes in around R20k

(bought the frame and slowly upgrade components as they were on special)

Keep it if u can. The dual susser is a very different bike so the two will complement each other. Enjoy

Rather look for a full suss frame and then just build across. May be a far cheaper option

The OP's existing HT is a 29er so he is restricted to a 29er full sus frame, if wanting to avoid cost of new wheels and fork on the build-over. Most full sus trail bikes would want a longer travel fork anyway.

I looked at build-over options recently and the only practical option was to build over to the exact same type of bike I already have - no point

Depending on your financial circumstances; I would recommend keeping the bike. Way better having 2 bikes than 1. I bought the same bike for my father in law 3 months ago and paid R16,000.

You bought your father in law a R16 000 bike. Was that a form of labola or do you really love him?

Decided to keep my hard tail and ordered a Gaint Trance Advanced 1 2016. Can always try sell the hard tail later if finances get a bit tight.

Just waiting for stock to arrive in the country now.

Can't wait, so bladie excite for it.

Thanks for the input everyone

Archived