[Event] Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

Nick

Event Name: Stellenbosch Cycle Tour
When: 29 November 2015
Where: Stellenbosch High School, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Stellenbosch Cycle Tour presented by Liberty – Own your life Rewards will take place on Sunday, 29 November 2015, starting and ending at Stellenbosch High School.

Roughly 7 500 riders will line up to take on the 97km route, which moves through some of the Western Cape’s most beautiful winelands and scenic landmarks.

The Stellenbosch Cycle Tour is the Western Cape’s second largest cycling event, and is the final seeding opportunity for the Cape Town Cycle Tour which takes place on Sunday, 06 March 2016.

To stay informed of developments of the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour, join their Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/stellenboschcycletour or follow them on Twitter at @StellenboschCT.

Entries for the event open mid-October 2015 and cost R350 each, or R330 each for PPA members. Cyclists can visit www.stellenboschcycletour.co.za for more information.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring it on! Should be sorted for a decent race in this one this year! Need to ramp up my index ahead of the CTCT! Last chance ville! Hehe!

Like that this comes so close after DC and all the training that's gone into that!

Who's coming from out of town for this one?

Edited by Tubehunter

I'm doing this one on zero training.... should be fun...  :unsure:

Youuuu cannnn dooooo eeeeeeet, Nicki, errrr Lynnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tubehunter

I'll be back to do it again.  Coincides with packing my daughter up from varsity for the end of the year.  Bringing 2 mates with from Durban to ride it too.

Please can we all have a safe ride this year. Been far to many crashes with the top riders. Guys are twitchy and irresponsible!

Should be fast and furious none the less!

Guest CHRIS001

Hi all we will be helping with the Tech Stations CMC SERVICE TECH we are at DC too

Bring it on! Should be sorted for a decent race in this one this year! Need to ramp up my index ahead of the CTCT! Last chance ville! Hehe!

Like that this comes so close after DC and all the training that's gone into that!

Who's coming from out of town for this one?

Rocking!

Doing DC, then doing SCT!

Cannot wait!!!

i see they extended the closing date for entries - looks like some are voting with their wallet.

I was told by a reliably source yesterday they only had 5000 entries. Normally they get their 7000 entries easy. So why not this year?

1. Country going into recession?

2. Start on a tough climb - when it was the old road climb it was not as bad?

3. For the entry fee not full road closure?

4. Start way too early?

5.????

I was told by a reliably source yesterday they only had 5000 entries. Normally they get their 7000 entries easy. So why not this year?

1. Country going into recession?

2. Start on a tough climb - when it was the old road climb it was not as bad?

3. For the entry fee not full road closure?

4. Start way too early?

5.????

2013, 4714 finishers

2014 , 5425 finishers

Not so sure they ever got close to 7000 ?

2013, 4714 finishers

2014 , 5425 finishers

Not so sure they ever got close to 7000 ?

Cape Town cycle tour takes 42 000 entries - claims only 35 0000 (that's the max number of finishers they would be allowed) think highest number of finisher is about 31 000. Number of finishers is always quite a bit lower than entries.

Please can we all have a safe ride this year. Been far to many crashes with the top riders. Guys are twitchy and irresponsible!

Should be fast and furious none the less!

I was the last person to get through in one peice before the big crash last year.  Still don't know how I made it.  Some of the youngsters just get too hot-headed and take too many chances.

My 1st. Helshoogte looks menacing. Seems much worse than Fox hill. Not as long, but twice as steep from the looks of it. Oh well, it is the last one of the year, so plentiful, liquid, post-race nutrition shall be in order. (Also an opportunity to score some brownie points - in-laws stay in GB).

No doubt cost plays a role ... not only for this event but increasing costs of events in general and people having to budget and choose more carfully.

- logostically challenging for some, even more so with the early start.

- some people just don't like the route and the surrounding areas.

While some welcome the event a week after DC, I suspect theres just as many who decline it for that very same reason. 

Competes with other events (mtb) on the same weekend.

Edited by Thomo