Review: Syntace W-35 MX Wheels

Matt

No mention of things such as hub engagement speed, tjoopless compatability and performance and stiffness.

36 points of engagement, according to this pic:

Don't know what they mean by "reduced 1.5deg engagement angle"

post-3056-0-72265500-1448961550_thumb.jpg

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? You seem hell bent on having a fight in this thread or another

Takes two to tango.

And me making the point that Hope hubs, which are widely accepted as top tier, is waaaaaay better value for money, is not being hellbent on a fight. It's having an opinion and making a statement.

But ok, I realise this forum has a pecking order and people have dedicated their entire lives to being seen as the auhority on literally anything posted on here ever, so I'll be on my way.

Up till now, I thought the most expensive aluminium MTB wheels you could buy were Fulcrum Red Passion, and I think they're somewhere between R14k and R16k, which is still a lot of money. Also, what are Mavic Crossmax SLR's going for now?

I know, both are still really skinny old-style 19mm or 21mm rims.

There is a small caption on the image that says these have 36 points of engagement, 10 degrees. Quite average nowadays, the same as DT Swiss 240s.

Even my cheapo Bitex hubs have 52 points of engagement, and they've never given me a moments hassle. They use 6 offset pawls with leaf springs. Said to not be as durable, I've found them perfect so far, even when I open them up to service and regrease.