Melville koppies

Psycholist

Hi all. Has anyone ride on Melville koppies, from the satellite it looks like a lot of places trails there...

I have ridden through there once during the 2014 JUMA so don't know about most of it, but from comments I heard around me there seemed to be quite a bit of riding that happens out there. Not sure if there are designated trails or not, or how safe it is.

Yes , it is a very nice little set of trails . do not go alone . Rather in the biggest group you can manage, there have been a few issues up there

Thanks, I heard the group what was operating there is in jail... We just want some extra miles to ad toour spruit route.

Thanks, I heard the group what was operating there is in jail... We just want some extra miles to ad toour spruit route.

Melville Koppies is a great place to dispose of a dead body... or so I've heard.

Don't know about the riding though.

Is that how it got the 'kop' part of the name? ;)

There is some riding up there - but don't go unless you are 4 or more - trust me on this - groups of 4 have been hijacked there before.

If you can put a group together I am happy to tag along if the timing is ok - I have ridden a fair bit there over the years - the riding is not that intersting - but it does add extra km.

• 2 weeks later...

Melville Koppies West is a nice ride with great views .There are a couple of trails -stick to the one on the middle tier if entering from the west side of the koppie off End Street.Rocky good technical descent down to Judith.The  higher trails are  rough ,rocky and not fun .Safety is an issue so be aware-I would not ride alone there .Melville koppies East is a good place for dog walking and some nice trails for running -Mtb Bikes are not encouraged .