Scott Aspect 910 or Silverback Sola 2

Nivec

Hi All

Some advice please for a new rider.

I have been riding a Scott Aspect 910 2016 for few weeks now but have an option to change it for a Silverback Sola 2 2016. I have been doing a few trails around the JHB area and find myself moving back on the seat even though it is set back as far as it can safely go. I have tried the Silverback and it does feel more comfortable, but riding it in a store is going to be quite different from doing a trail, so difficult to base my decision on a couple of laps around the store.

Another thing to consider is I am heavy, around 120kg and in my 40’s so am never going to be that serious but I would like something that will last me awhile as my skill improves.

Considering the two bikes, quality wise and potential for keeping me happy as my skills improve, which would be the better to go for?

Thanks

Edited by Nivec

Specs are almost identical between the two. Silverback has a Gold TK fork as opposed to the Silver on the Scott, and the Silverback is 2x10 as opposed to 3x10 on the Scott.

Geometry should be fairly similar too, are you sure you've got the right size frame?

(As a note I ride a 2014 Sola 2 and it's great, can't find much fault at that price point)

I think the frame geometry is slightly different.... there's also the Scale 960 which is a similar price and spec but closer geometry to the Silverback.

If I remember correctly the Silverback also uses a hollowtech bottom bracket / crank instead of an octalink one. (I did the comparison this sort of time last year)

I'd go with the Silverback because of the fork and crank.

Thanks guys.

i believe I have the right size, i am 182cm and got the large.

The top tube on the Silverback is 20mm longer than the scott, it might be this than I am feeling, just dont know if 20mm can make that much of a difference to warrant changing bikes with additional cost.

But if the Silverback is a better bike then it may be worth an extra R5k