Stolen: Cervelo road bike

Elnadup

My Cervelo was stolen at Cradlestone Mall yesterday, broke Thule roof rack off my car ...bike and Thule gone

I know it is a stressful time and then you get bastards like me that asks: I wanna see pictures of your damaged car roof. 

So, sincere apologies. But yea, post a picture of your car roof. :blush:

I lock my bikes onto the roof racks with a cable lock, disturbing to hear that clearly this is also not a deterrent.

Hi Elnadup.

Sorry to hear about your bike. I was also one of the unlucky ones on Saturday and miss my trusty steed alot. Have you managed to get anything from the Cradlestone mall security regarding footage, leads etc.?

Regards,

JohannB777

I know it is a stressful time and then you get bastards like me that asks: I wanna see pictures of your damaged car roof. 

So, sincere apologies. But yea, post a picture of your car roof. :blush:

need to figure out how to send pictures, if you want to send me your email address, i can mail you pics. Regards,

Elna

Hi Elnadup.

Sorry to hear about your bike. I was also one of the unlucky ones on Saturday and miss my trusty steed alot. Have you managed to get anything from the Cradlestone mall security regarding footage, leads etc.?

Regards,

JohannB777

Nothing yet Johan, apparently there are no cameras where we parked ....very convenient.  I think we should all get together and make a big stink about this. i know of two other bikes that were also stolen on Saturday, the car that was parked next to me had two bikes on that were stolen.

need to figure out how to send pictures, if you want to send me your email address, i can mail you pics. Regards,

Elna

Hallo Elna

No worries

Did they tare/ tear the roof rack off its mountings?

Did they cut the crossbeams?

Did they break the locks?

Anything is possible with a "ystersaag", a bolt cutter, battery angle grinder, small koevoet etc.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear this, good luck getting it back. I lock my bike on the roof rack all the time thinking its safe...apparently not.

Sorry for your losses , it's a crappy situation, but people need to learn it's not ok to leave your bikes un attended, regardless of the locks. If they want them, they will get them. And the more of this that happens the less likely insurance companies are gonna be to cover bikes out of home.

more and more bikes being taken after events in apparently secure locations

its really depressing that you cant even socialize after an event without this nonsense going on.

Its def not random its nicely organized with high end "locked"bikes being taken (mostly ones locked on thule racks )

bastards :ph34r:

Archived