Cannondale Scalpel help plse

Hendrik vd Walt

Great thanx for all the input - much appreciated - I am running sram 11 speed on mavic xlr's and wonder if it is not cassette as I have done all the rest? Any remedy suggestions Carmicheal?

Edited by Hendrik vd Walt

remove the cassette and lay it down smallest cog up.

You'll see the sleeve with the spline on the end? There is a gp between the cassette sprockets and the sleeve. Pour wax lube down that gap. pour a lot of wax lube down that gap

Grease also where hub meets cassette. Had the same issue eventually changed casettes,think there was a recall on sram casettes because of that.. One catch you gave to show the slip...

I had a horrible noise coming out of my frame, (Cannodale RZ140) at one stage though my frame was cracked. When I cleaned my BB the sound disappeared only to reappear an hour into the ride. Replaced the BB with a praxis and dead quiet now.

Like they've mentioned before, remove your seat post clean your seat stay and seat post and and put back together.

What cassette you running? If sram 11 speed it is there where it meets the hub trust me

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning........that it might be the cassette or hub.

Thanks.

Will take it apart tonight and see if it works.

Did not work.  Still crackling away.

Anyone want a Scalpel?  Cheap-cheap.  ^_^

have you greased the pivots axles yet?