Trans Karoo MTB RACE

Shrek1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Registration and race briefing will be at Cape Union Mart today (Wednesday 27th April 2016) from 16h00 till 20h00.

Here is the route profile with some useless info

post-38519-0-31823800-1461749193_thumb.png

Gaan lekker koud wees.

Yep, this incoming cold front has the potential to make things interesting....

Congrats to all indeed,I believe this to be one of those races that seperate the real manne from the posers.Where those who 'look' the part are left behind by those who 'do' the part.I admire the courage and perseverance of these 'manne'.

Hope to join this race in 2017 and hope to also be able to finish.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Had a much better ride than my first one 2 years ago. Knowing what to expect up Ouberg made a big difference mentally. Even managed to cycle about 2/3rds of the bastard getting a range of comments from the people I passed going up. From looks that could kill to complements. The cramps stayed away and even managed a Top 20 finish, way above my expectations.

That last 50km is pure torture. Cold, dark lonely, sinkplaat sections & neverending. A properly challenging event. I hope the organisers can keep it going. Will be back in future.

So I am the youngest rider in the "Windpomp Club" and had a blast from CP2 to CP3 where I normally suffer. What killed me was the first part in shorts and open finger gloves, and the last part. This was the coldest ever.

Hope they get the sponsors to do this again, if not Cederberg 100 miler is on the cards for sure.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk