Multiday unsupported routes

Rockjock

Hi all. My son and i are relatively new to mtb but can ride some technical stuff... Not too difficult though. We are looking to do some multi day bikepacking. About 30 to 40 km per day. We live in Jhb. Any suggestions? Some nice forrest or mountain routes would be nice...

• 3 months later...

Myself and a friend are thinking off taking people across the border into Moz for a couple of days of MTB.

Still sorting out Logitics, but will let you know if you want to come and join us.

Myself and a friend are thinking off taking people across the border into Moz for a couple of days of MTB.

Still sorting out Logitics, but will let you know if you want to come and join us.

All looks pretty sandy around here.I take it you intend to ride somewhere near the mountains

Yip, we will be going over the Mountains to Corumana Dam. Sleep There and from there following the Dam to the river mouth, which also close by the Kruger Park, and then some nice trails back to the border.

First Part we rode 2 weeks ago, and is on my strava, awesome trail. We will be going out again this weekend to scout some more Routes. Love Riding there.

There is Youtube Video of our Route we Rode 2 Weeks ago.. Called: Corumana Dam MTB Ride. :thumbup:

Edited by Lexx

Yip, we will be going over the Mountains to Corumana Dam. Sleep There and from there following the Dam to the river mouth, which also close by the Kruger Park, and then some nice trails back to the border.

First Part we rode 2 weeks ago, and is on my strava, awesome trail. We will be going out again this weekend to scout some more Routes. Love Riding there.

There is Youtube Video of our Route we Rode 2 Weeks ago.. Called: Corumana Dam MTB Ride. :thumbup:

Sounds cool.Is it pretty rough?Thats how I like it.Must bring my mtb from JHB and join you on this side

You must. Only some parts are rough, other parts are petty descent.

Checked your vid.What about riding in the park on the Moz side

Checked your vid.What about riding in the park on the Moz side

We are thinking about it... Just a bit scared about the lions that might the there. :eek:  :eek: .

We are thinking about it... Just a bit scared about the lions that might the there. :eek:  :eek: .

Hmm could be a problem.Meals on wheels.Lions are not the only problem.Ellies seem to have taken a distinct disliking for bicycles.We had to hol it in Mashatu

Hmm could be a problem.Meals on wheels.Lions are not the only problem.Ellies seem to have taken a distinct disliking for bicycles.We had to hol it in Mashatu

Ha ha ha. Exactly. So we might only ride up o the fence and alongside it.

Edited by Lexx

Ha ha ha. Exactly. So we might only ride up o the fence and alongside it.

If you like that kind of riding you should do the Kalahari Challenge in two weeks time

The

Thr trails will blow your mind

Entries sre closrd but I can get you in

Wish I could. Unfortunately i cant get away from work...

If you like that kind of riding you should do the Kalahari Challenge in two weeks time

See you there.  

I'm bringing along a mate from Kenya to ride too.