Video: Renay's Constantia Greenbelt Guide

Nick

You should be able to upload a GPX now. 

Txs...but KML refused and gpx loads but rounding rounding rounding and doesn't finalise...

• 7 years later...
Any more routes opened since 2016? I moved to Wynberg recently and I'm looking for some off road trials, seeing as Alphen is off limits :(

2 hours ago, r0adrunner said:

Any more routes opened since 2016? I moved to Wynberg recently and I'm looking for some off road trials, seeing as Alphen is off limits :(

Well, if you do drop into Hout Bay, a newish trail (2 years) starts FROM the C’Nek car park, halfway back,and makes it way to C’Nek Main Road, and NEARLY all the way down to Hout Bay traffic circle, on the RIGHT HAND SIDE of the road (direction HB), so, when linked with Upper Constantia trails, is fun riding off the road….

Cheers

Chris

9 minutes ago, Zebra said:

Well, if you do drop into Hout Bay, a newish trail (2 years) starts FROM the C’Nek car park, halfway back,and makes it way to C’Nek Main Road, and NEARLY all the way down to Hout Bay traffic circle, on the RIGHT HAND SIDE of the road (direction HB), so, when linked with Upper Constantia trails, is fun riding off the road….

Cheers

Chris

Fantastic, that's awesome! 

Mind sharing the best route to there from "lower" Constantia? 

7 hours ago, r0adrunner said:

Fantastic, that's awesome! 

Mind sharing the best route to there from "lower" Constantia? 

You can get to the Nek round-about from lower Constantia by climbing Southern Cross Drive...Constantia Main Road up is just too busy....OR go UP the Greenbelt trail which pops out at the top of S Cross Drive..either way, when you get to the top of S Cross, you can either go directly over, go left and climb up the jeep track...15%...then left at the top and you come out at Constantia Nek where this video starts, or take a right onto Rhodes Drive and follow it to same spot..if you do, stick to the "footpath" on the left, off the road as it is tight and no real shoulder on the tar...

Edited by capediver