Best Value Road Bike wheel upgrade

NickofWestville

Got a pair of Easton ea50sl's in 2010 - they have been fantastic. Best value wheels I have ever ridden. Have never had a single issue with them (LOTS of mileage, lots of potholes) and they have been bombproof. And they look great too. Still happily riding on them. When I got them, I couldn't believe what a difference they made.

As I understand it, the Easton rear hubs were indeed a problem around the time I got mine. I read somewhere (it was a review 2 or so years ago on aluminum clinchers, I think on Bikeradar - maybe look it up) that Easton were well aware of the problem, and that it had been addressed. So there really shouldn't be a problem any more.

Chainreaction have a special at the moment (I know, they always have "specials") on a set of Easton ea70s for R4K (which will probably cost about R4,6K after VAT). I am so tempted to get a pair for myself, but I know I really don't need them.

Edited by Grogs

I've got 2 sets of edge wheel sets.

Xlr 200 and xlr 300.

Both sets are brilliant.

I've ridden Easton's, blackspade and zip.

These wheels are on Paar with those at a fraction of the price.

I've got 2 sets of edge wheel sets.

Xlr 200 and xlr 300.

Both sets are brilliant.

I've ridden Easton's, blackspade and zip.

These wheels are on Paar with those at a fraction of the price.

Sorry for the hi-jack

Has anyone heard of and used Irwin Cycling wheels? Got introduced to them tonight at the expo and I must say I was REALLY impressed!!!

Awesome finish, 60 ratchets with 6 pawls for super fast engagement. The 38mm deep 26mm wide came in at about 1500g. Really really keen on a pair. Comes with 2 complete(8 blocks) sets of brake blocks, skewers and wheel bags.

Oja and its got ceramic bearings

http://irwincycling.co.za/

Expo special was about R23 000 if I remember correctly

What you guys think?

Yho, you got some serious cash to burn ;-)