Grand Opening of the Specialized Stellenbosch Store

News bot

Spez fan or not, been to this shop 3 times now. They have absolutely every product in the Spez catologue in stock, all sizes and colours.  I love the fact I can view every model bike in the range in the flesh and test ride them before making a decission. Love this shop.

Smaller stores changed their whole store setup to accommodate spez, spez should have been supporting those stores more to stock all sizes and colours as you say...but instead they build a giant store to compete against you and forget the sacrifices you made to set them up in the area!   

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smaller stores changed their whole store setup to accommodate spez, spez should have been supporting those stores more to stock all sizes and colours as you say...but instead they build a giant store to compete against you and forget the sacrifices you made to set them up in the area!   

Bmt were given the first choice from what I have heard. They declined, now sell 

trek bikes. Best of luck to them, they were my favourite spez store.

Bmt were given the first choice from what I have heard. They declined, now sell

trek bikes. Best of luck to them, they were my favourite spez store.

... but the story of the big corporate bully eating up smaller stores is just much more in keeping with our need for sensation and outrage, and by boycotting the big corporate, people feel just a bit more empowered (an illusion, I know), even if the feeling only lasts a couple of seconds. I prefer to look at this as a way to assist one of Specialized's long serving athletes after he retires from competitive racing.