[Event] Ashburton Investments National MTB CLARENS Elite SA Champs

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: Ashburton Investments National MTB CLARENS Elite SA Champs
When: 15 April 2016 - 17 April 2016
Where: Town Square, Main Street, Clarens, Free State, Freestate
Category: MTB

Clarens is a beautiful part of the world and is also nice and central for many up-country riders. Being just 3hrs away from Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and Pietermaritzburg, there's little reason to miss this incredible event.

The route is probably the most visually appealing that we have ever put together. It follows sand road, jeep track, huge rock-trails and single track over some of the most incredible rock landscapes in this country. This is all virgin land for mountain bikers as most of it is on private land, so don't miss the opportunity to ride all of this over the weekend.

Clarens is a circular loop race; it will start in the Clarens Town Square, Clarens, Free State and finish at the same venue. This spectacular route crosses the Maluti Mountains on the edge of the Lesthoto border, which is the highest mountain range in South Africa. The race has been in existence for 5 years and has grown tremendously. The riding is absolutely unique and spectacular.

Bring the family and make a weekend of this event in the picturesque town of Clarens, featuring art galleries, gift shops and some of the best food in the country

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Wessel,

Where can I get the description for the Clarens 10km fun ride and Van Gaalen's 20km? I have tried the NationalMTB website but it seems as though the shorter distances' routes have not been updated.

Hi Wessel,

Where can I get the description for the Clarens 10km fun ride and Van Gaalen's 20km? I have tried the NationalMTB website but it seems as though the shorter distances' routes have not been updated.

You will be very lucky to get this info before Sunday. The shorter distances are very much an after thought in this series