Weight Loss Dietitian Sports nutritionist

Can all you vaalies get your own thread?

hehe.. it looks like Tim Noakes has a monopoly in CPT

Is there no one else?

Why don't you ask Dr Jeroen Swart, I'm sure he will know someone.

also try US- there must be a sport nutritionist at their high performance centre.

• 2 months later...

Why don't you ask Dr Jeroen Swart, I'm sure he will know someone.

also try US- there must be a sport nutritionist at their high performance centre.

Try www.foodforsport.co.za

Just use your own common sense!  I lost 25kgs (102 - 77kgs) cutting out all white carbs and starches (bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, etc.).  You still need carbs when training so stick to what I call the green and yellow ones (peas, beans, butternut, squash, etc) 

Then all fizzy drinks (regular and diet) and fruit juice must go and beer too sadly (well 1 or 2 are okay).  I ride ± 9000kms a year with 2 x 1,5 hour rides in the week and 2 x 3 hour rides on the weekend and have kept my weight constant for 5 years now.

If you are riding as much as you say you are, you have the discipline already!

• 1 year later...

Try the green dietitian. She does skype consults and is super helpful and fully aware of the strain the body goes through during long rides. She has helped me lose weight and get the right nutrition for my training plan. My meal plan never leaves me hungry

I am looking for someone preferably in the Somerset West Area that can assist a guy with weight loss but also keep an eye on the fact that i do cycle a bit.

i have been to dietitians before but they have no idea what strain a 4hr+ ride is on my body.

Also i am not interested in someone that will make me climb on a scale check my length :ph34r: (height) and then tell me my BMI is OFF THE CHART and then give me a generic diet from a book which i could have downloaded from the internet and then just adjust the portion sizes.

I would prefer to get someone that actually cycles themselves.

Hi,

Andy Lambert the best out there.

I've lost 32kg in less than 1year while training for EPIC with high energy levels.

Search howmuchfood.com

Hope this helps

can try mr craig vardi in blairgowrie jhb. good guy and very thorough in his work. ex South African champion body builder and very tough mountain biker and hiker. google him. can say ray-el referred you.

• 1 year later...