Nelson or Nielson - looking to buy trail bike for road usage.

Longstreet

Guy going by the name of Nelson or Nielson. Fairly well spoken over the phone and sounded quite interested.

That was until he started asking obvious textbook questions about the bike, but then all went to **** over text. 

Claims to live in Paarl, so offered to meet half way at Canal Walk. Gut tells me not to go, and I'm going with that.

Cannot confirm or deny scam, but just a heads up. Safety first

Number being used is 071 763 8252

post-42651-0-44634000-1458225106_thumb.png

Last 2 bikes, and last car I sold I was contacted by a "Nelson" trying to arrange some convoluted payment/meeting arrangement...You have a good Gut, listen to it.

Hah, was thinking the exact same thing, but given current affairs and this wave of violence sweeping through I figured it's not worth getting possibly shot and/or stabbed. 

Yip, definitely looks like a scam. Cousin collects while he EFTs the money, sending fake proof of payment.

• 2 weeks later...

I was caught by Nelson today. Exactly the same story. Couldn't meet me. Cousin called Daniel came to look and test drove. And then just drove off. Disappeared around a corner. They sound central African. I had the deal go down in front of the police station in Parow. These people are not afraid. And so I'm minus a bike. Commencal Super 4 Team. White bike. I feel so stupid. I always hear these stories and now it's happened to me. Funny thing is that Nelson keeps using this number and has communicated with me on whatsapp afterwards. But he doesn't answer his phone at all.