Santa Cruz Tallboy C with Pike

Chubba

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So sc use all geo measurements on a 120 fork with ac of 521. Mrp 130 is 538 and has a 51 offset (couldn't find the offset sc use) .

How do you mean? I take that as a good thing...

me to,but am a skeptic at the best of times.Any sc website in the good ole usa say 120 max . Which I am sure that is them protecting themselves .

Suppose I am just surprised that whether or not they know the frame can handle it,to actually be so bold to put it in writing publicly . Not sure how old that is though.

me to,but am a skeptic at the best of times.Any sc website in the good ole usa say 120 max . Which I am sure that is them protecting themselves .

Suppose I am just surprised that whether or not they know the frame can handle it,to actually be so bold to put it in writing publicly . Not sure how old that is though.

Recommended fork for my TBLT is 140mm. Been running a 160mm pike on there for the last 2 years. No issues. Those SC frames can take it. 

Stop messing around and put the damn fork on...  :ph34r:

Recommended fork for my TBLT is 140mm. Been running a 160mm pike on there for the last 2 years. No issues. Those SC frames can take it.

Flippin awesome news... So even 140 on tb with my lightweight is good.

Time to make it happen.

Thing is from 2009... 

Thing is from 2009... 

So does that mean the 2016 can take a 160mm with the advances in carbon construction  :devil:

You will feel it on the downs, for sure.

I once had to re do all the fillings in my teeth after I have bottomed out on a previous bike&fork. Unfortunetaly that wasn't the only expense i had from the mishap.

I will certainly have mine re-adjusted asap to 130mm (it is a pike afterall, and same goes for the TB frame (being very capable). I am quite sure you will feel it on the downs, and it makes absolut! sense lowering the bar with a spacer or two. Thanks for pointing that out Myles, makes sense and practical to get to enjoying the potensial of that fork.

Flippin awesome news... So even 140 on tb with my lightweight is good.

Time to make it happen.

The reality is, that it's still only a 100mm travel bike. I don't see the benefit of going 140 in the front. Even with lowering the front, and pushing the saddle forward, the geometry is wrong.

The reality is, that it's still only a 100mm travel bike. I don't see the benefit of going 140 in the front. Even with lowering the front, and pushing the saddle forward, the geometry is wrong.

oh, how wrong you are :)

With that logic, AM hardtails shouldn't exist... 

Archived