Stolen: BMC 29'er Mountain Bike FOURSTROKE FS03 2013 (Cape Town)

tpace

Anyone have a description of the perp?

At just after 9am we were finishing our morning ride on the day of the incident. I spotted a dodgy looking bloke dressed in navy blue top and pants and wearing a white short rimmed hat crossing de Waal drive.

He looked dodgy because he had a gangster's walk.

Timing makes sense as it takes about 30 -40 min to walk to Plum Pudding from the Stone gate area.

I've been using that access point to the mountain for last 25 yrs and never felt unsafe until now.

It's a quick escape route from mountain to Woodstock.

Be careful out there guys.

Stolen: BMC 29'er Mountain Bike FOURSTROKE FS03 2013

When: 2 April 2016

Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

My husband was attacked and stabbed twice in the neck at Plum Pudding corner at Rhodes Memorial. The bike was stolen and the mugger headed off down to Observatory across the highway. The bike was advertised and sold on Olx on Saturday evening. The bike has huge sentimental value for my husband as it was a surprise gift. Thank you.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

I'm so sorry this happened to your husband. Would you be at all interested in chatting to me on my show on Cape Talk this afternoon, about what happened and whether OLX has followed up at all? If so, please email me on pippah@capetalk.co.za or call 021 446 4856. Thank you.

Guest notmyname

I'm so sorry this happened to your husband. Would you be at all interested in chatting to me on my show on Cape Talk this afternoon, about what happened and whether OLX has followed up at all? If so, please email me on pippah@capetalk.co.za or call 021 446 4856. Thank you.

Lekker. Welcome Pips.

Anyone have a description of the perp?

At just after 9am we were finishing our morning ride on the day of the incident. I spotted a dodgy looking bloke dressed in navy blue top and pants and wearing a white short rimmed hat crossing de Waal drive.

He looked dodgy because he had a gangster's walk.

Timing makes sense as it takes about 30 -40 min to walk to Plum Pudding from the Stone gate area.

I've been using that access point to the mountain for last 25 yrs and never felt unsafe until now.

It's a quick escape route from mountain to Woodstock.

Be careful out there guys.

think a camera on de waal drive would help. there is one just before the corner but dont think it is close enough to the stone gate area.

I was wondering if we could perhaps get some more feedback on the perp's MO for incidents like these.

A number of times an incident is reported, rightly-so grabs headlines and our attention but the follow up doesn't provide any further details. Same as the lady who was jacked on Bottelary Road a while ago. Headline. Facebook post. Twitter then silence.

I appreciate that it is traumatic and providing details in the moment are not the first priority but some time afterwards, when things settle, it may be helpful to know how exactly the incident went down so that in future we might be able to better identify and respond to a potential threat.