[Event] Autumn Splendour MTB Race

Ryno Palm

I was one of those sent by the traffic cop down main road and ended joining MB just before we turned off the Tar to the right in town.

This ended up helping me as I actually pushed harder than normal being with the faster guys and ended much quicker than usual. (2:50).  I think I also got a little lost at the finish and ended on 49.6 km

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame, that poor traffic lady was only there to handle the traffic. I was in the middle of the group and saw the front guy going towards her and she said "no go the other way". That is how the bunch ended up going down the main road. I knew how the route went so I went across the road and down past the school - the same way you come back at the end.

There was a marshal when I came back and I am guessing he was MIA at the start. Knowing I was way behind my start group I rode very hard and managed to finish 2/19. Would have loved to put in a fast one on the single track but alas I was caught up behind some slower ME riders. 

Monday I am donating blood so then my performance should return to the normal lazy level  :thumbup:

Who was taking the film with the quad-copter ?

Would love to get some of that footage of us climbing the first few hills

Inbox me and I will send his number.