News bot

If you take a couple steps back and look at the advancements in mountain bike technology that have happened in the last few years, you’ll see an astonishing amount of progress. Think about it: You don’t need many fingers to count the bike brands without carbon-fibre offerings; 1x drivetrains are the norm, not the exception; bikes without dropper posts are more or less limited to dedicated XC and DH racers; and your garden variety, solid-pedaling trail and enduro bikes are more capable descenders than full-blown downhill race bikes of the early 2000s. Yet despite the sport’s progression, frame and suspension manufacturers continued to hold on to modes of thinking that were, frankly, outdated.

Click here to view the article

After all my life savings spent on rear shocks the last 8years,..my hardtail now proves useless. WML ⁉

So basically the current combinations of travel / eye to eye length came from frame designers and didn't allow for optimal bushing design. Fair enough even though metric obviously has nothing to do with it.

My only fear is that this comes from the company that has already convinced people that R15 000 is cheap cheap for a groupset and that a groupset doesn't actually contain brakes. It will probably just be the next step in seeing if they can create an even more expensive level of bike.  

So basically the current combinations of travel / eye to eye length came from frame designers and didn't allow for optimal bushing design. Fair enough even though metric obviously has nothing to do with it.

My only fear is that this comes from the company that has already convinced people that R15 000 is cheap cheap for a groupset and that a groupset doesn't actually contain brakes. It will probably just be the next step in seeing if they can create an even more expensive level of bike.  

In a Nutshell yes