Mavic Crossmax SLR Rear Axle Kit ITS4

ChUkKy

Howzit ol knowledgable ones...

My Crossmax SLR hub axle broke slap bang in the middle where the single little O-ring is... I need to get a new kit as in the image below.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these kits locally in Zumaville (south Africa) Ideally JHB to be exact.

Please dont ask how this axle broke because I dont know. I serviced the hub in December by cleaning and putting new grease as Ive done for the last few years. The last ride I did was in January, I did land a drop, no bigger than whats at karkloof and thats probably when it broke.

I took the tyre off to put a new one on the weekend and when the wheel came out the cassette and freehub body fell off too.

Heres a pic of what I need with the part number:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0807/5697/products/30870401b_grande.jpg?v=1429051026

• 2 years later...

Howzit ol knowledgable ones...

My Crossmax SLR hub axle broke slap bang in the middle where the single little O-ring is... I need to get a new kit as in the image below.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these kits locally in Zumaville (south Africa) Ideally JHB to be exact.

Please dont ask how this axle broke because I dont know. I serviced the hub in December by cleaning and putting new grease as Ive done for the last few years. The last ride I did was in January, I did land a drop, no bigger than whats at karkloof and thats probably when it broke.

I took the tyre off to put a new one on the weekend and when the wheel came out the cassette and freehub body fell off too.

Heres a pic of what I need with the part number:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0807/5697/products/30870401b_grande.jpg?v=1429051026

ChUkky! Did you ever come right with this? Believe it or not, I have exact same problem.... Now I need to find a rear axle.............

ChUkky! Did you ever come right with this? Believe it or not, I have exact same problem.... Now I need to find a rear axle.............

I did get another one, cost about R700 back then if memory serves me correct. 

You're most likely gonna need a new QR as well because that bends when the axle breaks.

Got it through Bicycle Supply Chain (bicyclesupplychain at gmail dot com)

Guy to talk to now will be Mike.

HI Guys

We have stock of these axles as spare parts, LBS can order and we can send in an overnight bag (if ur not in CT).

If you are not 100% sure that that is the part you can post the serial no and i can confirm

regards

Mavic

HI Guys

We have stock of these axles as spare parts, LBS can order and we can send in an overnight bag (if ur not in CT).

If you are not 100% sure that that is the part you can post the serial no and i can confirm

regards

Mavic

Thanks guys. I got sorted by Dragons Sport CT - Mavic. No quibbles, no fuss. Great service! Got sorted chop chop! Axle has been replaced....

Archived