[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

Pikey, you're over thinking it boet.

You'll get your sub 3 I'm sure (as BB pointed out)

And I promised myself I wasn't going to do just that ????...nuff said ????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am also in e but not sure how easy a sub 3hr will be. If the front guys are 2 strong for those aiming at a sub 3 just...you could get left with only a few guys. I for one am going to try and get to the front 15% of my batch.. But am not going to burn all my matches trying to stay with the guys up front if the pace is to hot . As everybody has said save some for the last 1/3 of the race.

I don't mind climbing and probably my strongest suit,but you can't climb if you have used yours legs. Probably just need a bit of luck as well am sure.

from my point of view D and E are the best bunches in the entire field for a sub 3.  I haven't pulled the stats recently, but these two bunches are massive, normally around 480 riders strong (compared to A, B and C that are <150) and roughly half of the bunch will break 3 hours.  This means that the front half of the group will carry you to a sub3.

The first hill will be hard, but hang in there its only 5 minutes of effort.  Then its smooth sailing until heartbreak hill.  hang in there.  Kyalami is new, but I suspect it will be hard up the mineshaft.  That's only a 2 min effort, so hang in there.  At woodmead you'll know whether your bunch is too fast or too slow to last for the next 2h30. Fall back if you need to and re-coup your energy on the M1 up until corlett dr.  The hill on the M1 starting at 11th avenue passing the s-bend and the zoo will be hard but hang in there.  After that you'll be awarded with a good rest until the bottom of Conrad drive.

From witkoppen on things start to get a bit more scattered.  Find the wheels that you can match and make sure not to lose contact.  You don't want to be isolated on Malibongwe or the stretch going from the lion park down to the bottom of Cedar rd.  From cedar rd there's no more structure so stick to your own and just give it horns for those last 3 lil hills.

Edited by rudi-h

from my point of view D and E are the best bunches in the entire field for a sub 3.  I haven't pulled the stats recently, but these two bunches are massive, normally around 480 riders strong (compared to A, B and C that are <150) and roughly half of the bunch will break 3 hours.  This means that the front half of the group will carry you to a sub3.

The first hill will be hard, but hang in there its only 5 minutes of effort.  Then its smooth sailing until heartbreak hill.  hang in there.  Kyalami is new, but I suspect it will be hard up the mineshaft.  That's only a 2 min effort, so hang in there.  At woodmead you'll know whether your bunch is too fast or too slow to last for the next 2h30. Fall back if you need to and re-coup your energy on the M1 up until corlett dr.  The hill on the M1 starting at 11th avenue passing the s-bend and the zoo will be hard but hang in there.  After that you'll be awarded with a good rest until the bottom of Conrad drive.

From witkoppen on things start to get a bit more scattered.  Find the wheels that you can match and make sure not to lose contact.  You don't want to be isolated on Malibongwe or the stretch going from the lion park down to the bottom of Cedar rd.  From cedar rd there's no more structure so stick to your own and just give it horns for those last 3 lil hills.

awesome great perspective ...Are we riding kyalami the opposite way around if we going up the mineshaft ?

ha ha I thought they gave the same seeding Just a different place to look

MY C/events seeding and PPA seeding differ by 17 points. (PPA took my mtb results into consideration too from SA Seeding)

ha ha I thought they gave the same seeding Just a different place to look

Are the two the same for you?

And I promised myself I wasn't going to do just that ...nuff said

The conditions are going to play a big part also - too far ahead to tell what we win for,but looking at Accuweather now it doesn't look pretty...

• ESE 11 km/h
  • Gusts: 39 km/h

Thats weird 17 points is massive

Should re-calc/shuffle after 947 and Carnival. 

I don't know why they would mix mtb and road seeding index's.

That's taken from PPA.

There is a 15.62 difference between my seeding on PPA and the Cycle Challenge seeding.

Should re-calc/shuffle after 947 and Carnival. 

I don't know why they would mix mtb and road seeding index's.

me neither because doesn't give a true reflection if you stronger on the road and your mountain bike seeding drags it down and vice versa.

There is a 15.62 difference between my seeding on PPA and the Cycle Challenge seeding.

So much for consistency, the whole system seems cock-eyed.