Kremetart Newsletter

Wheelie

The Stage start times work out that a cyclist who averages 25km/hr gets at least 30 minutes rest between stages.

Get the average up to 33km/hr and you earn an extra half hour bonus resting time.

Stage two is a bit shorter and its flat with a tail wind, so everyone gets an hour for lunch.

No time limit on this rest stop!

20080506_060549_K8.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PB' date=' I think that might have been Stage 3... Wasn't that tired, me and Chilli was having such a ball we didn't even notice the time!!!LOL

I normally start with gloves if it's cold, but I tend to overheat quickly if my hands and feet are covered so.... Can't do anything about the feet, but the hands....Big%20smile You won't sommer find me wearing gloves...
[/quote']

hot or not, i just can not ride without gloves. saw a guys hands that fell of a bike while riding without gloves. took forever to heel.  rrrrrrr.

Will be there this year.  Only starting to get back on the bike now since the Argus (as in commited to training).  All my other rides since the Argus was easy rides with the Mrs and short trips to work every now and then.

However I will only concentrate on endurance rides now for the Kremetart.  This is my building race for the Jock.  I trained for the Argus in 4 weeks and did not do tooo badly so I should be in fair condition in 4 weeks from now for the condition.  Just hope I won't suffer like last year on the 3rd stage though.  But it was self inflicted.  Was way too eager on the first two stages.

PB' date=' I think that might have been Stage 3... Wasn't that tired, me and Chilli was having such a ball we didn't even notice the time!!!LOL  [/quote']

Looks like stage 2, about 15km to go, near the Salt Pans (Yep,  the Salt Pan Mountains have a Salt Pan)

Just hope I won't suffer like last year on the 3rd stage though.  But it was self inflicted.  Was way too eager on the first two stages.

This is always a welcom   sight is it not?

20080507_054903_Schoemand.jpg

I also found the 3rd stage the most challenging, that turn off section up to the school was eina on the legs.

Guest Big H
PB' date=' I think that might have been Stage 3... Wasn't that tired, me and Chilli was having such a ball we didn't even notice the time!!!LOL

I normally start with gloves if it's cold, but I tend to overheat quickly if my hands and feet are covered so.... Can't do anything about the feet, but the hands....Big%20smile You won't sommer find me wearing gloves...
[/quote']

Beee luister tog maar wat die Oom nou gaan se....... dit is baja moeilik om die TV en MNet remote vas te hou as jy nie velle op jou handpalms het nie....... trek tog maar die ou handskoentjies aan want hulle is nie net daar vir die mooi lyk nie.

Beee' date=' as jy dan val, val net op jou kop, dan kom jou hande niks oor nie. [/quote']

Goeie idee.  Jy mag dalk net nie na die tyd onthou waarvoor jou hande daar is nie.

Big%20smile LOL

I know it's dangerous to cycle without gloves, but I always start with them and then 20km's down the line I alwasy end up taking them off!

I have a serious phoby about falling so I tend to be overly cautious when it comes to staying away from anything / anyone that can make me fall!!!! And after all that, I guess I'll mar try to fall on my head!!!LOL

Big%20smile LOL

I know it's dangerous to cycle without gloves' date=' but I always start with them and then 20km's down the line I alwasy end up taking them off!

I have a serious phoby about falling so I tend to be overly cautious when it comes to staying away from anything / anyone that can make me fall!!!! And after all that, I guess I'll mar try to fall on my head!!!LOL
[/quote']

Cool, so YOU are the one-woman-bunch??  I've heard so much about you!

Big%20smile LOL

I know it's dangerous to cycle without gloves' date=' but I always start with them and then 20km's down the line I alwasy end up taking them off!

[/quote']

Cool, so YOU are the one-woman-bunch??  I've heard so much about you!

What u saying???!!! I'm as big as a bunch???WinkLOL

oh CR@P!!!!  I think the safest would be for me to shut up now.  If I try to explain it might just and probably will just get worse.  I'll look for the small lady riding in the one-small-woman-bunch without gloves and introduce myself on Kremetart and try to explain the situation! Wink

oh CR@P!!!!  I think the safest would be for me to shut up now.  If I try to explain it might just and probably will just get worse.  I'll look for the small lady riding in the one-small-woman-bunch without gloves and introduce myself on Kremetart and try to explain the situation! Wink

LOLWinkLOL

Rather look for the one busy chatting away a storm with everyone willing to listen (in the normal bunch - I can actually ride in one with other riders too)!!Big%20smile

oh CR@P!!!!? I think the safest would be for me to shut up now.? If I try to explain it might just and probably will just get worse.? I'll look for the small lady riding in the one-small-woman-bunch without gloves and introduce myself on Kremetart and try to explain the situation! Wink

?

LOLWinkLOL

?

Rather look for the one busy chatting away a storm with everyone willing to listen (in the normal bunch - I can actually ride in one with other riders too)!!Big%20smile

...geez and if no-one listens she starts to sing!!!