[Event] Take Back Groenkloof - Group Ride

River Rat

Event Name: Take Back Groenkloof - Group Ride
When: 4 June 2016
Where: Groenkloof Nature Reserve, Gauteng
Category: MTB

We are having a take back Groenkloof Group Ride/run/hike on the 4th June 2016 between 7:00 - 12:00. ensure we are safe we are trying to have groups of 4 or more. I have a MTB group leaving from the Kiosk at Groenkloof Nature reserve at 8:30am; 18km @ 13 - 15km/hr; Difficulty is 3 out of 5 in terms of technical. The principle is to leave no man or woman behind. Pay for your entry at the gate.

I'm hoping others would post their own group rides/run or hike so that you can latch on to a group that suits you.

Go to Event Page

I see Saloshani Pather one of the ladies attacked at Groenkloof has posted a hiking event starting @ 9:00am on FGNR's page. Now that's facing your demons, brave lady that!

If like me you were an avid supporter of Groenkloof Nature Reserve in the past but stopped riding there due to crime here's our chance to ride there again. The Metro Police have been patrolling the area with vehicles, mounted police and special ops so we should be safe for the day. There are also two hikes starting at 9:00 and 10:00 if you have non-cycling family members who want to hike in the reserve. I see that MMC Subesh Pillay is joining one of the hikes.

Let's go and take back our reserve!

• 8 years later...

I know this is an old post but damn I miss riding Groenkloof and Fountains. Boils my blood that its not safe.

Anyone ridden here lately?