Imfolosi MTB Challenge

Judge

I have entered to do this race having grown up very near to the Imfolosi Reserve, so it is a return to my roots in a way. But I don't know what to expect. Has anyone done this race in the last few years and if so how did they find it and where is the race village in the reserve?

Edited by Judge

Howsit. Did it for the first time last year. Was peeing with rain so was incredibly muddy. Most of the ride is next to the boundary fence, but it's still very lekker. The mud last year made it very tough for a <50km ride

The "race village" is in an open area next to the game capture bomas. Close to centenrary center (where the big black rhino statue is)

I have entered to do this race having grown up very near to the Imfolosi Reserve, so it is a return to my roots in a way. But I don't know what to expect. Has anyone done this race in the last few years and if so how did they find it and where is the race village in the reserve?

Did it last year. Weather was *** but it rates as one of my favourite rides ever. Trying to arrange to come over again next year for it. 54adc14ac99949e624b128ddd09524b2.jpge3b6f1c29eda0a56261a0a2d406cfb0b.jpg833dc48aada2b6b913d713567d098d03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it in 2014 all the way from gauteng was worth the drive very well organised event and definitely challenging on some of those climbs

Nice ride in the park, not technical at all unless you try the sandy river crossing and you'll do well to ride 50% . As for game viewing, you'll be lucky if you see a dassie!