MTB Bike recommendations/advice

madifab

Hi,

am looking for my first bike. Currently got a hybrid but looking for something better than entry level and hard tail. Done a couple races now with my hybrid and time for a new bike. Budget is around R13K looking for XT /Sram and Rockshox/Fox shocks with clip on pedals and tubeless tyres.  :D 

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Madi

I think a good start would be to.search the classifieds here on the hub, your sure to pick up a good deal and will getter bang for your buck than buying new.

1.Secondhand

2.29er

3.SLX is just as good

4.Pedals are R500,don't let it be a deal-breaker,rather look at the best fork and wheelset

5.If you save just a few more rands,there is a steep jump in quality/specs that you find on the bikes available

Good luck!

unfair?? in which way do u think i am trying to be dishonest or hide anything... or would another poorly looked after unmaintained bike with heaps of mileage on it with entry / mid level components and no extras be better just because it has the factory wheels..if u spent less time trashing other people's posts and more time researching the subject as i did you will clearly see that the 650b conversion is a very common and popular option.... i have a motorsports engineering background and if i felt in anyway it wasn't a sound conversion on my personal bike then it wouldn't have happened

yes it is a 26er... with bigger wheels..... and.... over R10000 rands worth of worth of extras that your so called noob may not have...

A bit unfair the guy is a noob and u wanna try sell him a 26er with big wheels.

Actually I thought it would be a perfect buy for the op. It has everything he is after and the price is good.

Hi

it's down to 2 bikes, any comments will be appreciated.

Momsen AL429

Silverback Sola 2

Thanks

Hi

it's down to 2 bikes, any comments will be appreciated.

Momsen AL429

Silverback Sola 2

Thanks

That bike Alex L is selling might be better than both.