MTB Advice

pererace70

sorry to hijack

the meta 5.5.2 and 5.5.3 .... where can I find pics and specs ?

on the internet. LOL

google it - there are tons of sites with specs, but confirm with the dealer - before i bought mine I googled it, and some dealers had diff specs. Minor stuff though, like saddles etc.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hijack

the meta 5.5.2 and 5.5.3 .... where can I find pics and specs ?

alternatively, try you local optometrist.

what is the handling like ?

have you had other bikes ?

pm jldam, or use the search feature on the hub. they've been posted before. i did a product review once a while back.

from my experience' date=' it flies downhill and sticks it in the singletrack. hijack off.[/quote']

agree.

It also goes around corners nicley and stops good.

Can you tell its my first mtb?

HR thanks !!

i am (was) trying to weigh up, anthem 2, felt virtue, but see the commencal at good prices !

all a little muddy at the moment. Really just looking at getting a bike to do the epic (hopefully) 2010, but that can be used for Sani and all the other races between now and then.

i realise I will need to replace some the equipment if i use the bike alot, so willing to compromise on parts and have a good frame.

*Embarrassed sorry for the hijack*

umm and umm this so called pedal bob thing ? how serious is it on the these bikes?

Slowbee, the 5.5 are all mountain bikes. It's got more travel then their 4.? XC bikes. I test rode a 4.2 and it was amazing. If I had the money then, I would have taken one, no questions asked.

umm and umm this so called pedal bob thing ? how serious is it on the these bikes?

i have been riding a trance for about three years now, and find the giant maestro system provides an amazingly stable platform. what sort of riding are you planning on doing? the anthem is real nice and racy.  

HR, as i have said before.I dont want to race - just want to participate.

Target ride is the Epic. Sani 2 c. Also Karoo to coast. The  all the other type of rides in between. I dont want to be doing the big jumps and drops and that sort of stuff, nothing hectic technical. Reasonable single track. Give you a good picture?

The LBS got me off the trance as they said the uphill performance was dodgy - not sure why.

slowbee, the anthem's the better bet then. or look at the commencal meta 4.

not sure where the lbs gets that about the trance. there's less than an inch travel difference between it and the anthem. if the shock's properly inflated you should have know hassles. and there is no system which can totally eliminate pedal bob. climb at a decent cadence in the saddle and you'll have no hassles.

thanks HR .

going to have to try get a test drive on all these bikes

i'm sure jldam can hook you up with a cape town supplier of commencal.