Message frome Track Director

Fire

I still do wheelies and table tops in my dreams. I spent quite a few weekends at Alrode and Germiston in the 80's, and remember seeing you win a few races back then(i think you actually won all your races). You were quite a bit younger than me though.

Ah the real good old days. I still have boxes of trophies in my bike room. Alrode, Germiston and Lonehill were the tracks. I miss those days. You probably remeber Chunky as well then. He was quite bit smaller thenLOL

I still do wheelies and table tops in my dreams. I spent quite a few weekends at Alrode and Germiston in the 80's' date=' and remember seeing you win a few races back then(i think you actually won all your races). You were quite a bit younger than me though.[/quote']

Ah the real good old days. I still have boxes of trophies in my bike room. Alrode, Germiston and Lonehill were the tracks. I miss those days. You probably remeber Chunky as well then. He was quite bit smaller thenLOL

How could anyone forget Chunky, If we had to wait a couple of extra minutes for our gate it was more than like Chunky arguing with the starter. Those were really awesome days. Whenever i hear loudspeakers and smell braais it immediately takes me back.

Do you know what happened to some of the "heroes" back then? Guys like David Graziani, Mike Fickert and Troy Irving, wonder what they are up to now.

Hi there guys. Thanks for the feedback.

Quayum will look in to it.

I also agree that Nationals should be held over 4days and that the 1500m should go and the scratch must come in.

If there's anything else, please feel free to speak your mind.

Fire...

trained on the track tonite - its like a pigsty. cooldrink bottles , spilt cooldrink , sand , polystyrene food boxes all over the place. and one of the drains has been broken in the home straight.

i have also noticed that the model aeroplane club that uses it on Monday's allow their members to smoke and there are still stompies around on a Thursday. 

Was there on Monday and saw how dirty the track is! We struggle to get them to clean the track on time after a concert.

A couple of times we simply couldn't wait for them so Quayum had to get people to clean the track and paid for it out of his own pocket.

Why do we have a devil at SA's?

we need our own set of qualifying times before being considered for worlds, world cups. you cant ride a 1m05 kilo, 4m50 pursuit, 11 sec 200m and go to worlds.

Groot Lem good point, but remember those boys overseas have fulltime coaches and earn a living riding track, I am yet to see anyone in this country that affords the same luxury....

All is fair in love and war, if CSA want the results, they need to put the money in, it's a give and take... Gadi Chait went to Hern Hill at his own expense, to get experience, CSA have never sent anyone anywhere to gain experience???

Everything needs to improve from the head to the toe, we can't put the responsibilty squarely on the riders and visa versa CSA...

Jotrack2008-05-09 23:51:13

Hi Gyro

Pls give me a call . I dont know who you are , but I would like to discuss the matter further with you . Or PM me your cell number and name .

Thanks

Pls call me or pm me your cell number . I would like to discuss the matter further with you .

Thanks

Hi Gary

I like your ideas . I am going to make use of some of them if you dont mind . After all your Track Commission is here to serve the track cyclists needs .

Quayum

Hi Gary

I like your ideas . I am going to make use of some of them if you dont mind . After all your Track Commission is here to serve the track cyclists needs .

Quayum

Hi Quayum

Please feel free to use my ideas as you see fit. I am only too happy to provide any input you need.

Cheers

Gary