E-Bikes on Tygerberg MTB trail

energizer2k

back to the actual topic, if I may ...

E-bikes on TYGERBERG TRAILS

We do a LOT of riding on Tygerberg trails.  And YES, now not a single ride goes by without seeing a couple of ebikes. A year ago you would see maybe 1 or 2 per on a weekend.  The numbers are increasing FAST.

The WORST behaviour I have seen on any trail was from a racing snake on a NON e-bike .... When you have many families out on the trails having fun you best understand your Strava time aint happening .... shouting and cursing at every second rider surely wont magically open up the trails.

As for the e-bike riders .... some of the most pleasant people we encounter on the trails !  Encountered one lady on an ebike that simply would not greet anybody,  her bike got stuck 100m further and she still would not even acknowledge anybody trying to offer help.  The rest of the ebike crowd are an absolute pleasure on the trails.    Have had some lekka chats with them on the trails and at the coffee shops.

As a cyclist I appreciate what these bikes means to various riders.  As an engineer the technology absolutely fascinates me !!  

Still enjoy my non ebike for now, with no need to hate the ebike riders ....  :thumbup:  but those blerrie strava riders though ....  :whistling:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, i am jealous of ebike owners. I want one but cant afford one, and the engineering and all the magic it is astounds me. What gets me though is that there are kids out there on ebikes, and i mean kids aged between 10 and 15. Dont get me wrong, glad that they are out riding and all but isnt that a bit much? Anyways, not here to offend anyone, so please dont take it personally. Hope everyone has a cracker of a ride this weekend.

Honestly, i am jealous of ebike owners. I want one but cant afford one, and the engineering and all the magic it is astounds me. What gets me though is that there are kids out there on ebikes, and i mean kids aged between 10 and 15. Dont get me wrong, glad that they are out riding and all but isnt that a bit much? Anyways, not here to offend anyone, so please dont take it personally. Hope everyone has a cracker of a ride this weekend.

There are a group of dads riding the Tygerberg trails on their ebikes.

Now their kids are joining the rides .... the dads are faced with doing the short loops, like I do, with the 7 year olds ..... OR, get their kids onto ebikes, and now you have YOUNG kids doing "long" rides with their dads ....

Had a loooong chat with two of these dads over the holidays.  It works for them .....

There are a group of dads riding the Tygerberg trails on their ebikes.

Now their kids are joining the rides .... the dads are faced with doing the short loops, like I do, with the 7 year olds ..... OR, get their kids onto ebikes, and now you have YOUNG kids doing "long" rides with their dads ....

Had a loooong chat with two of these dads over the holidays. It works for them .....

Cool, i get it. Guess i would be stoked if my girls would join me as well. Maybe i am just jealous.