2016 Vuelta a España

Bonus

I would've done back flips off my bike trying to get up there.

And ending up rolling down it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happens when you have the personality of a brick.

He's as cool as ice, man

A real introvert

My kinda PRO

Let his legs do the talking ????

He's as cool as ice, man

A real introvert

My kinda PRO

Ah he did smile when him and Bert were chatting.

"I’ve had a rough season, not much was working as I wanted – I had to abandon the Tour de Suisse and the Tour de France. So I came here and I told myself I want to have fun, get a good feeling back. To finally have a victory after more than two years, winning a Grand Tour stage, it’s just amazing."

Stage 17 stage winner, Matthias Frank

He's as cool as ice, man

A real introvert

My kinda PRO

Davide Formolo shaping to be rather similar ito approach to racing. Just gets on with it. Looking set to get a decent result out if this edit of the Vuelta.

Like the Argyle lads. They seem to have a lekker team spirit!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Going out with a bang.

Stage wins at both the Giro and the TdF and now two at La Vuelta.

Frank deserved this one.

Mmm.. I reckon Bert will take time on Chavez in the ITT.

Ja Friday is going to be a banger of a day for the GC. Can Monotron hold on to his race lead? Not entirely sure 3:37 is a big enough lead. Not if Froome can dig deep and find his ITT form.

Meanwhile, in the women's peloton:

Just one month after her horrific crash in the Rio Olympic road race, Annemiek van Vleuten (Orica-AIS) is looking to make her return to the peloton at the four-dayBelgium Lotto Tour starting Tuesday, Sept. 6.

“I’m excited to be back,” said Van Vleuten, who just a few weeks ago was still bruised and battered with a severe concussion and three broken vertebrae.

#soccersissies

Just one month after her horrific crash in the Rio Olympic road race, Annemiek van Vleuten (Orica-AIS) is looking to make her return to the peloton at the four-dayBelgium Lotto Tour starting Tuesday, Sept. 6.

“I’m excited to be back,” said Van Vleuten, who just a few weeks ago was still bruised and battered with a severe concussion and three broken vertebrae.

#soccersissies

Incredible

Ja Friday is going to be a banger of a day for the GC. Can Monotron hold on to his race lead? Not entirely sure 3:37 is a big enough lead. Not if Froome can dig deep and find his ITT form.

I think 3 min is enough.. but yeah time will tell.. anything can happen and there is still Saturday to look forward to.

Hell something could even happen tomorrow.. with the Vuelta and Bert there you just never know.

#soccersissies

Incredible

She won the opening ITT but surrendered it to fellow Dutchy Lucinda Brand.

Tough Chicky this.

I think 3 min is enough.. but yeah time will tell.. anything can happen and there is still Saturday to look forward to.

Hell something could even happen tomorrow.. with the Vuelta and Bert there you just never know.

Friday will tell all as far as the ITT goes.

La Vuelta has been hard to predict other than to say there will good racing!

Cool PRO blog:

Being part of the grand tour circus is, I surmise, a bit like having amnesia. I keep reliving what is essentially the same day over and over again. Like a cartoon character I wear the same outfit every day, I eat the same thing for breakfast (two bowls of oatmeal, an omelet with cheese, and two pieces of toast), and the same song loops over and over again at the race start. I feel stuck in an infinite loop of overly complicated computer code.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/09/news/kiel-reijnen-journal-crumbled-cookie_420142#SLHLsXOqX5AKcAYH.99

Cool PRO blog:

Being part of the grand tour circus is, I surmise, a bit like having amnesia. I keep reliving what is essentially the same day over and over again. Like a cartoon character I wear the same outfit every day, I eat the same thing for breakfast (two bowls of oatmeal, an omelet with cheese, and two pieces of toast), and the same song loops over and over again at the race start. I feel stuck in an infinite loop of overly complicated computer code.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/09/news/kiel-reijnen-journal-crumbled-cookie_420142#SLHLsXOqX5AKcAYH.99

Honest reflection.

That last climb had more than double the incline of the Steenbras climb, at almost the same distance. I can understand how hard it must be. I have to take 2 rests up the Steenbras climb just so that I can get my breath back and let the heart rate subside.

Archived