Tubular tire fitment

Greetings fellow Hubbers.

Which bike shop would be the best to go for tubular tires to be installed.?

I'm in Durbanville Cape Town.

Chris Willemse @ R250 ea

Not saying they the best, but its what i was charged.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

Greetings fellow Hubbers.

Which bike shop would be the best to go for tubular tires to be installed.?

I'm in Durbanville Cape Town.

Why not try DYI

It's a piece of old takkie, and a good excuse to get glue all over the place

I would def recommend EvoBikes as they fitted my last set of tubbies that I bought from them.

Not just were they very well priced but also did a very neat job of glueing the tyres.

Yes, try to Destroy it Yourself. It is not too difficult. I found the secret was to stretch the tire for 24 hours on the rim first without any glue. Pump it to 8 bar and leave it for a while.

It may be useful to know how to change this in case you have a puncture in a race and need to change the tire.

What wheels are you using?

I would def recommend EvoBikes as they fitted my last set of tubbies that I bought from them.

Not just were they very well priced but also did a very neat job of glueing the tyres.

Yes Janos knows his way around a tubby!

Yes Janos knows his way around a tubby!

You are not supposed to out his Adipophilia.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

DIY is easy .

Pump it hard off the rim and leave for 1 day .

Then fit it to the rim without glue .

Leave for another day .

Now your Tubby is ready and can be glued to the rim using a moderate amount of glue .

Easy peasy once you have done it a couple of times .

Yes, try to Destroy it Yourself. It is not too difficult. I found the secret was to stretch the tire for 24 hours on the rim first without any glue. Pump it to 8 bar and leave it for a while.

It may be useful to know how to change this in case you have a puncture in a race and need to change the tire.

What wheels are you using?

hi I'm using Edge design 30mm Tubulars. Got them at a steal.

Edge Design offers good bang for buck.

I've had some good experience with a 50mm clincher set until I trashed the bead on a cateye.

hi I'm using Edge design 30mm Tubulars. Got them at a steal.

I use normal Contact glue, the Continental glue sticks too well and hard to get off. For a race you can take a previously stretched and pre-glued tire (let the glue dry), use that as a spare. It sticks fine once you pump it up to 8 bar.

Punctures you can often fix with sealant like Stans, this should also work in a race.

The cheapest way is DIY. But, if you want it done done then Trevor at cycleman.co.za is good (that's me by the way). I do the conversion then keep wheels for 24 hours to ensure they don't go flat and leak sealant every where.

Archived