Elite Bottle Cage + Large Frame?

Fisan

I always ran one bottle cage on my bike (not really a marathoner), and decided to add the 2nd bottle cage today. It's a (1) large (2) hardtail frame so I never figured there would be any problems...but I can't fit my 2nd bottle.

Using 750ml (standard bottles) + lowest possible position for bottle cage.

Is this a Elite-bottle cage thing? Is it a Scale-frame thing? Both? Or is it me? Should I just JAM in that bottle!?

...or maybe I should just drill some holes in that shiny new cage...

post-35129-0-57699100-1470486697_thumb.jpg

Looks like a "frame thing".

You may be able to get a smaller bottle (500ml) in there.

its the frame and the bottle cage design

frame design when bottle cages where longer and had open sides

new bottle cages with higher sides made for frames with lower cage mounts

life always get ya :blink:

To save on additional expenses, why don't you move it down and only fasten it with the lower nut? You then fasten the lower part by threading a tie strap through the bracket and fasten it on the tube. It won't cost you anything to try, except for the cost of a tie-strap, which you most probably already have in your toolbox.

To save on additional expenses, why don't you move it down and only fasten it with the lower nut? You then fasten the lower part by threading a tie strap through the bracket and fasten it on the tube. It won't cost you anything to try, except for the cost of a tie-strap, which you most probably already have in your toolbox.

That's not a bad option - thanks!

It may not look as "clean" as I would like it too, but it will only be a temporary fitting. The 2nd cage is only for "special" events or rides where I feel it is needed.

Archived