Specialized Espoir tyres

Jonesy

Hi all.

I'm using these tyres on my Specialized Secteur, size 700 x 30c. I believe these tyres are no longer available. Can anyone please tell me what would be a good, affordable tyre to use instead and where to get it? Or does anyone have a set of these they want to sell (?) as I'm quite happy with these...

I'm looking for something that offers great puncture protection and don't mind something slightly heavy.

Thanks guys, your responses will be well appreciated.

I just swapped my unridden Espoirs for a pair of Conti Gatorskin Hardshells. So have a set available if you are interested. Think they may be 28s though. Will have to check for you if interested.

Hi all.

I'm using these tyres on my Specialized Secteur, size 700 x 30c. I believe these tyres are no longer available. Can anyone please tell me what would be a good, affordable tyre to use instead and where to get it? Or does anyone have a set of these they want to sell (?) as I'm quite happy with these...

I'm looking for something that offers great puncture protection and don't mind something slightly heavy.

Thanks guys, your responses will be well appreciated.

Hey Jonesy. Have you tried the all condition Armadillo Elite? Not sure which exact riding you do, but the Armadillo come in 28 and 32 in addition to the standard 23 and 25. Great puncture protection and durability. 

Thanks badiejb. Yes, I did look at these but the quote I got from CC was rather steep....I hear they are good tyres though. .

Thanks badiejb. Yes, I did look at these but the quote I got from CC was rather steep....I hear they are good tyres though. .

They are spezialized YOU are NOT allowed to moan about the price, you are only allowed to PAY UP  :whistling:  :clap: 

I checked for you and the Roubaix Pro in 30/32 retails for R489, which is probably the closest to the Espoir that you had. Worth a try?

I checked for you and the Roubaix Pro in 30/32 retails for R489, which is probably the closest to the Espoir that you had. Worth a try?

Thank you so much. Will definitely look at those. From whom did you get that quote?

Thank you so much. Will definitely look at those. From whom did you get that quote?

from the Specialized Concept Store in Stellenbosch. Let me know if you need any help

Thank you...let me try to find them up here first. They actually look very similar to the Espoir. I'll get back to you. Thanks for the help.

Archived