9 SPEED options?

Mongooser

Let me offer some insight. Mongooser is on a downhill bike. He has to go 1x anyways. 

There is no option for a fd. Which is why I asked if he wants to climb it. If he wasn't going to climb it at all. Then sure, an 11-32/34 nine speed setup will be fine.

I still use 9 speed myself. Nothing wrong with it. Its not hens teeth like everyone says. You could still buy it from shops for cheap. But he should't be spending money on it. Not when he's a kid who doesn't earn a living like the rest of us. Not when the benefits of 9 over 8 speed are not worth spending money on. And especially not when people here offer it for free.

If he is going to spend money he saved up. If he wants to climb a bike with all that weight and travel. As young and fit as he may be. It makes more sense to go for the wider range 10 speed offers when using a 1x drivetrain. 

This. 

He's also probably lighter than his bike. 

Let me offer some insight. Mongooser is on a downhill bike. He has to go 1x anyways.

There is no option for a fd. Which is why I asked if he wants to climb it. If he wasn't going to climb it at all. Then sure, an 11-32/34 nine speed setup will be fine.

I still use 9 speed myself. Nothing wrong with it. Its not hens teeth like everyone says. You could still buy it from shops for cheap. But he should't be spending money on it. Not when he's a kid who doesn't earn a living like the rest of us. Not when the benefits of 9 over 8 speed are not worth spending money on. And especially not when people here offer it for free.

If he is going to spend money he saved up. If he wants to climb a bike with all that weight and travel. As young and fit as he may be. It makes more sense to go for the wider range 10 speed offers when using a 1x drivetrain.

Um...my shova lt has a FD mount that shova lts the frame was made to be a freeduro according to mtbr

Um...my shova lt has a FD mount that shova lts the frame was made to be a freeduro according to mtbr

If a FD can slot onto the downtube then go 2x. Forget 10 speed.

See what Marko offers you. I have a FD and front shifter for you in 9 speed.

If a FD can slot onto the downtube then go 2x. Forget 10 speed.

See what Marko offers you. I have a FD and front shifter for you in 9 speed.

I have a full 3 speed FD that came off my jump bike,i prefer a chainguide over a FD though,

As your topic title says - 9speed solution.  (It is the solution.)  cheapish, strong and does the job.  If you are going for podium well er, then do it.

Doubt I will ever go to 10 speed as the parts are more expensive and 9sp parts, new and old, are available all over the place.  

As your topic title says - 9speed solution. (It is the solution.) cheapish, strong and does the job. If you are going for podium well er, then do it.

Doubt I will ever go to 10 speed as the parts are more expensive and 9sp parts, new and old, are available all over the place.

Well...i got a whole xt groupset already,i think ill stay at 9 speed because 10 speed is to much for a freeride bike

Well...i got a whole xt groupset already,i think ill stay at 9 speed because 10 speed is to much for a freeride bike

I tend to agree 100%

If anyone has 9 speed stuff lying around that they don't need anymore I can really use it as I still have two bikes running 9 speed. Can trade for coffee of beer.

Archived